The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 155 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise, and knowledge that each one brings to our table.
Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists values the safety of our employees, our members, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before working with the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
ASA offers flexible hybrid home-and-office work arrangements and so much more! As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are smart, creative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
The Meeting Planner position is responsible for executing meeting and event strategies to achieve the ASA mission, values, goals and strategic plan. This position provides logistical meeting and event planning support for all events held at the ASAHQ Conference Centers and other small-midsize meetings as assigned. Provide registration support for ASA meetings. Provide support for Meeting Department budget and financial coordination. Support onsite implementation for ASA Governance and Advocacy events including the Legislative Conference, Board of Directors Meetings, and House of Delegates and other Governance meetings during the Annual Meeting and for ASA Educational meetings including Simulation Education Network Summit, Anesthesia Quality and Patient Safety Meeting, and the Executive Physician Leadership Program.
· Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the ASA Conference Centers. Serve as liaison to the meeting organizers and ASA staff. Plan and implement all ASA meetings and events at both ASAHQ venues in Schaumburg and Washington DC. Facilitate and trouble-shoot all meeting space, set up/tear down, guest rooms, catering, audio visual, and transportation needs.
· Maintain preferred vendor relationships (transportation, catering, hotels, etc.) required to ensure the successful operation of the ASAHQ Conference Centers.
· Prepare, update, and distribute the master calendar of events for all ASA Meetings. Produce daily/weekly schedule of events and share with all meeting stakeholders.
· Maintain inventory of all room equipment, including furniture, audio visual and other meeting related items within the Conference Center. Work with the Facilities Manager for any required orders and/or repairs.
· Serve as primary point of contact responsible for external organization revenue generating events hosted within the ASA Conference Center including scheduling, event logistics, coordinating staffing support, invoicing, financial reporting and reconciliation for all Conference Center revenue generating events.
· Serve as the primary meeting registration staff lead for all small and mid-size meetings including coordinating advanced (electronic and manual) and onsite registration processes and services development and execution as well as advanced, onsite and post event reporting and support the registration design and implementation for ANESTHESIOLOGY.
· Provide support for budgeting and financial coordination for the Meetings Department and support the ASA hotel rebate and rewards points programs.
· Provide scheduling and onsite logistic support for leadership and VIP transportation during ANESTHESIOLOGY and support for special event planning during the annual meeting.
· Provide onsite and planning support in collaboration with Meetings Department staff leads as needed for ASA Governance and Advocacy meetings including Legislative Conference, Board of Directors Meetings, House of Delegates and other Governance meetings and events held during the Annual Meeting.
· Provide onsite and planning support in collaboration with Meetings Department staff leads as needed for ASA Educational meetings including Simulation Education Network (SEN) Summit, Anesthesia Quality and Patient Safety Meeting (AQPSM), the Executive Physician Leadership Program (EPLP) and other Education meetings and events held during the Annual Meeting.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
· Minimum 3 years of meeting planning and logistics, including previous experience with a high volume of public / member interaction.
· Involvement and interest in Industry Organizations (PCMA, MPI, etc.) desired.
· Knowledge in continuing professional education programs including familiarity with CME, PhRMA, and ACCME rules & regulations compliance, related to meeting coordination preferred.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
· Strong technical background and experience with company/organization wide databases (CRM or AMS systems), web and website applications and preferred meetings industry technology software tools (meeting planning logistics, Web/Smartphone, registration/badge, evaluation/surveys tools, and CME software applications.
· Highly developed interpersonal skills, affinity for networking, and demonstrated high level of confidence and poise with a strong member service orientation.
· Ability to recommend and implement professional best practices.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 55,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last five years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!