Summary function: Responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative and professional meetings related duties, including unique responsibilities specific to this position and the Meetings Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Contracts meetings for assigned sections and other meetings as assigned, including contract addendums, as needed.
Coordinates and facilitates Annual Convention online registration.
Coordinates the schedule for all three major Bar meetings including updates on the Bar's meeting webpage.
Coordinates the hotel room block for all staff and VIPs for Winter Meeting and Annual Convention and provides updates to the Meetings Director and Programs Division Director.
Handles accounting processes for all registration funds received and refunded for Annual Convention.
Assists with production of the online Annual Convention brochure, including implementation of the convention registration form.
Assists with Annual Convention on site program. Other duties as assigned.
Required minimum education: Bachelor's Degree (proof required at interview).
Required minimum professional work experience: One (1) year of professional meeting planning experience.
Additional meeting planning experience may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
Licensure certification(s): Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) certification is highly preferred.
- Meetings and Contracts
- Negotiating skills
- Marketing skills
- Hotels and meeting facilities
- Effective writing skills and proper spelling, punctuation and grammar usage
- Administrative principles and procedures
- Contract negotiation
- Database usage proficiency
- MS Word and MS Excel
- Negotiate effectively
- Effectively manage difficult and stressful situations
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Pay attention to detail
- Prioritize work and stay organized
- Learn The Rules Regulating The Florida Bar
- Work overtime
- Be creative
- Travel and periodically work overtime is required
- Sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key/work frequently on a computer
- Lift 5 to 10 lbs.
Please notify HR, in advance, if you need reasonable accommodations to participate in the employment process.
EOE. This organization participates in E-Verify. Position is open until filled. Non-exempt.
This position is located in Tallahassee, Florida and is not a remote position.
The Florida Bar (TFB), with more than 110,000 members, is the statewide professional and regulatory organization for lawyers. To learn more about TFB please visit our website at https://www.floridabar.org/about/