8:00am - 4:30pm, with some flexibility (40-hour work week)
Interacting with senior management to prepare the organization’s financial plans. Working with Pillar/Business Unit heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts, consolidating them into one overall budget. Analyzing financial including revenue, service billing and operational results to better understand company performance.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Manage the organization’s budget process, providing data and analysis to business unit heads for planning and forecasting. Consolidating all the data into one overall budget.
· Supervise the Revenue Billing Specialists, ensuring billing is done timely and accurately. Tracking DSO, AR Aging, billing trends and rejected claims.
· Oversee the payroll processing functions, working with the Payroll Coordinator and HR, so that everything is captured and reported correctly.
· Posting and maintenance of general ledger accounts, auditing for posting errors.
· Review accounts payable coding for accuracy.
· Provide monthly financial analysis statements, including but not limited to, departmental income statements, MOR (Monthly Operating Review), balance sheets, income statements and variance analysis.
· Manage Financial Reporting, Metrics and Dashboards via General Ledger System (Intacct) and Reporting System (Solver).
· Prepare bank reconciliations for the Operating and Payroll bank accounts. Investigating and resolving any discrepancies.
· Compile and complete the CFR, CYEFR and all items requested on the IDHS Financial Reporting Checklist.
· Prepare and file various federally mandated census reporting on the agency.
· Maintain all finance related allocation tables and ensure they are calculating appropriately.
· Support external auditors by analyzing and completing schedules. Posting adjusting journal entries as requested.
· Manage the annual property and liability insurance renewals. Maintain certificates of insurance on vendors and contractors as needed.
· Lead point person related to Workers Compensation audit
· Perform all other duties assigned by Supervisor.
Accountability & Dependability - Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight. Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals.
Adaptability and Flexibility - Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Confidentiality - This position requires the ability to maintain strict confidentiality, including, but not limited to financial and agency information pertaining to Pioneer stakeholders.
Creative & Innovative Thinking - Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges. Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
Decision Making & Judgment - Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
Ethics & Integrity - Earns others' trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
Relationship Building - Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect. Builds and maintains client and customer satisfaction (internal and external) with the services offered by the agency.
Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
Teamwork - Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Business/Finance/Accounting
5 plus years of experience in related position/field
Sage Intacct, Microsoft Office, Solver, PAYCOM
Must have an extensive knowledge of account principles and procedures, strong accounting skills.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Helping People Live A Dignified Life Of Well-Being, Independence And Inclusion
Pioneer Center is a private, non-profit charitable organization, providing programs for people with developmental disabilities, behavioral health services and homeless shelter needs to the McHenry County community.
Pioneer Center Strives for Inclusion
Pioneer Center lives and breathes the principles of our mission in all we do, to help people live a dignified life of well-being, independence and inclusion. Our commitment to the communities, families and individuals we serve remains strong. Racial injustice causes pain and impacts communities across the country. We see the pain around us and through listening and learning, we will hopefully be a part of the healing process.