Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
We are actively expanding our central teams to support our Principal Investigators (PIs) and research study teams who are focused on our mission-critical trials programs.
The Regulatory Assistant supports regulatory compliance measures and clinical trials by assisting with regulatory submissions, regulatory management, quality control, and the resolution of compliance issues as a member of the Central Regulatory team in Clinical Research Support.
The Regulatory Assistant demonstrates initiative and sound judgment in problem solving and will be primarily focused on ensuring all regulatory and training documentation is signed, managed, and filed. May have significant interaction with faculty, other team members, internal departments, and external organizations and agencies.
- Assist with preparation and submission of regulatory documents to the IRB and other governing bodies to maintain study compliance with GCP, institutional, and federal regulations.
- Maintain study regulatory binders and files within electronic and/or paper binders by ensuring consistent filing of documents for ease of access within binders.
- Manage and maintain protocol training documents.
- Support Principal Investigators (PIs) and Regulatory Coordinators by reviewing drafted trial materials (e.g. informed consent forms).
- Assist with study start-up by preparing required regulatory documents for new study applications.
- Assist in preparing and creating materials for monitoring visits; participate in visits as requested.
- Assist with follow-up and issue resolutions related to regulatory concerns identified during monitoring visits.
- Assist with the preparation and submission modifications/amendments and continuing renewals for ongoing study maintenance.
- Report noncompliance and unanticipated problems to IRB of record.
- Support tracking and reporting of key metrics.
- Support central inbox maintenance and response/escalation to inquiries.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to adapt and adjust priorities based on changing needs, strong written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to review and reconcile data in reports.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception. Booster doses are strongly recommended but not required. If declining a booster, completion of the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form Questionnaire and COVID-19 Booster Declination Training is required. Because of our immunocompromised patient population, there are no medical or religious accommodations available for any employee who is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. Only employees whose positions are fully remote, who are not patient facing and/or require no access to clinical facilities, may apply for medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The hourly pay range for this position is from $23.77 to $33.84 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.