Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
Drives mammography van to various screening sites; observes all WA state traffic laws; selects routes best suites for travel; and performs all set up activities to ensure a safe environment for patients and staff. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal Department of Transportation (DOT) laws and regulations; schedules regular service and maintenance and keeps records of all such service.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of up to $2,250.
- Performs daily pre-trip check and completes checklist forms; Maintains accurate DOT driving log, as required.
- Troubleshoots mechanical equipment problems and determines if service is necessary.
- Checks sites and driving routes to ensure parking availability; adequate turning radius.
- Restocks supplies; demonstrates a cost effective use of supplies and materials.
- Maintains a excellent driving record; reports all infractions or accidents to appropriate authorities and supervisor immediately; completes all accident reports.
- Maintains current WA State Class "A" commercial driver's license and participates in random drug and alcohol screening tests.
- Assures the comfort and safety of the patient at all times.
- Provides courier services during the day to move necessary people and/or supplies between SCCA campus locations.
- High School or GED
- Washington State Class "A" commercial driver's license Current medical examination report filed with the WA State Department of Transportation associated with Class "A" commercial driver's license.
- 2 years of commercial driving experience
- Must have good customer relations skills.
- Must have no major infractions or accidents for the past three consecutive years
- Must be able to pass driving road test
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Able to prioritize work assignments and adjust tasks as needed.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work volumes or staffing needs (may include overtime, flexing, rotating shifts, weekends, holidays)
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception. Booster doses are strongly recommended but not required. If declining a booster, completion of the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form Questionnaire and COVID-19 Booster Declination Training is required. Because of our immunocompromised patient population, there are no medical or religious accommodations available for any employee who is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. Only employees whose positions are fully remote, who are not patient facing and/or require no access to clinical facilities, may apply for medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The hourly pay range for this position is from $24.96 to $35.53 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months). Paid time off is prorated for part-time positions.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.