Scheck Hillel Community School is seeking a skilled and dynamic Director of Advancement to manage and implement all aspects of the school’s development program, which currently includes a $1.2M annual fund and a future multi-million-dollar capital campaign. Reporting to the Head of School, the Director of Advancement will be able to effectively manage multiple priorities and will work closely with Board members, key stakeholders, faculty, school families, and alumni. A strong candidate will be an experienced manager, demonstrate proven success in nonprofit development, and be skilled in the areas of major gifts, marketing, events, endowment, grants, and/or alumni engagement.
· Supervise a team of six professionals consisting of Director of Admissions, Director of Marketing, Alumni Development Associate, Development Systems Associate, and two Development Associates
· Design, implement, and manage all fundraising activities including annual giving, special projects, and other school-related solicitations
· Identify, cultivate, steward and solicit major donors and prospects; maintain a portfolio of major donors and prospects for solicitation
· Work closely with the Development Committee, Board of Governors, and Head of School to develop strategies to initiate and achieve fundraising goals
· Drive priority setting, time management, and orchestration of all development activities
· Spearhead strategies and initiatives to deepen the culture of philanthropy
· Serve as the main point of contact for existing foundation and corporate relationships; proactively research and pursue new grant opportunities
· Supervise and ensure accurate and timely gift entry, recording, reporting, and gift acknowledgement systems
· Manage and grow the SHCS donor recognition program
· Collaborate with the Alumni Development Associate to develop and grow a comprehensive alumni program
· Partner with leadership team to leverage relationships and maximize resources
Serve as an ambassador for SHCS in all social and community settings alongside the Head of School and Board members
From early childhood through high school, Scheck Hillel Community School (SHCS) educates and inspires students to become exemplary global citizens with enduring Jewish identity, values, and a commitment to the State of Israel, through a college preparatory curriculum and meaningful co-curricular experiences guided by Orthodox teachings. SHCS creates opportunities for students to maximize achievement, foster identity and explore passions through a rigorous academic curriculum of General and Judaic Studies.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume or visit our website at www.ehillel.org for more information.
Scheck Hillel is an equal opportunity employer.
10+ years of experience in nonprofit fundraising or related field
Successful track record of soliciting and closing six-figure major gifts
Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and effectively lead a team
Experience working with a nonprofit Board of Directors, volunteer committees, foundations, high net worth individuals and key stakeholders
Passion for the school’s mission and a commitment to Jewish education
Detail-oriented with excellent project management skills
Ability to develop and manage an annual campaign budget
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong public speaking and presentation skills
Knowledge of financial and record management policies, regulations, and procedures
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; experience with design through Canva or similar system a plus