The USGA is a mission-based nonprofit organization whose purpose is to unify the game, showcase the best talent in golf, provide impartial governance and advance our impact on critical issues such as sustainability, accessibility and inclusion. We conduct the U.S. Open, the U.S. Women’s Open and 13 other national championships at America’s iconic golf venues. The USGA’s headquarters is located in Liberty Corner, N.J., with a new satellite Golf House Pinehurst campus scheduled to open in Dec. 2023. For more, visit usga.org.
About this role:
The primary goal of the USGA Green Section education team is increasing the knowledge of best practices in golf course maintenance and sustainability among course maintenance professionals, golf course decision-makers, and golfers. This position will play a key role in these efforts by helping to develop educational products that communicate:
- Best practices in golf course maintenance
- The latest in turfgrass and environmental research
- General information about course maintenance for golfers and community members
Our educational content is primarily in written, video, and graphic form and is delivered through our bi-weekly digital magazine, our Twitter account, and through broader USGA channels. This position will be actively involved in all of our content creation and communication work.
What you'll do:
- Play a key role on the Green Section Record editorial team. Duties include:
- Participating in content planning
- Writing and editing articles
- Assisting with assembly and publication of each issue
- Assist in developing Green Section videos, infographics, and other multimedia content for golfers and golf course maintenance professionals.
- Contribute to various Green Section and USGA initiatives as needed.
- Work with USGA content, communication, marketing, and brand teams to develop key messages around sustainability and improving the golf experience.
Where you'll be:
- This role will be based at our new headquarters in Pinehurst, North Carolina, scheduled to open in December 2023.
What you bring:
- Bachelors degree in an area related to golf course maintenance or education
- 3+ years related work experience
- Golf course maintenance experience required
- Strong writing and editing skills required
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Knowledge of golf
- Interested in video, photography, and other forms of visual media preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects seamlessly while maintaining project timelines
- Desire to make a positive impact on the game of golf
What the USGA brings:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including a zero cost medical plan offered for all full-time employees
- Retirement plans, with up to 10% annual USGA contribution
- Suite of programs to promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being
- Generous bank of paid time off, plus the week between Christmas and New Years Day off
- Off-site team building events
- Professional development opportunities
The USGA is an equal opportunity employer. Our organization believes we are stronger by embracing our diverse backgrounds and perspectives, promoting equity so all teammates can excel and grow in their careers, and fostering experiences to drive inclusion in our workplace and game. Golf is a game for everyone, and you are always welcome.