Office Manager and Executive Assistant Job Description
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours/Compensation: 40 Hours per Week, Hourly, Non-Exempt; $20 - $22/hour plus Benefits
The Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera – a nonprofit devoted to classical music and music education
As the California Capital region’s premier orchestral and opera group, the Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera (SP&O) specializes in performing large-scale symphonic and operatic works with up to 70 musicians on stage. We perform seven performances with over 10,000 attendees a year and provide a wide range of education and engagement activities for students and community members of all ages in the year.
We are in a unique and exciting period of growth, with another exciting season of bold programming, a clear vision for the future, and a dedicated Board and staff leadership. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our team and help us create memorable experiences that bring people together, build community, inspire curiosity, and enrich lives through symphonic and opera music.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Manager and Executive Assistant will work closely with the ED to assist in coordinating weekly, and monthly administrative, development, and marketing procedures, and the ideal candidate is a motivated team player, oriented to taking action to meet goals.
Office Administration (20-25 hours/week)
• With Executive Director, schedule meetings and set weekly and monthly ED priorities.
• Compile and prepare materials for SP&O Board and Committee meetings; ensure that SP&O Board receives advance copy of all external distributions (emails, brochures, solicitations, etc.)
• Serve as technical support with duties including but not limited to addressing office equipment issues, preparing for in-person and virtual meetings, interfacing with SP&O IT provider, etc.
• Ensure that SP&O office is adequately supplied.
• Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
• Ensure overall SP&O schedule (performances, marketing/development calendar, payables due dates, etc.) remains accurate.
• Coordinate as necessary with SP&O Office building owner.
• With Executive Director, interface with Bizhaven HR and Safety Consulting company.
• Other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Development (5-10 hours/week):
• Coordinate daily and weekly data and reporting management, including entering donations into SP&O database, and preparing and sending out weekly donation report.
• Ensure weekly processes for thank you letters, donor stewardship, and Donor Roll are on track.
• Coordinate activity around direct response campaigns including solicitation emails and list pulling.
• For concerts, transport materials and manage processes related to set-up and tear down in the hall.
Marketing (5-10 hours/week):
• Manage digital marketing tools, including website, email, and social media; turn email copy written by Marketing Director into designed emails.
• Serve as Box Office support, taking down messages and speaking with patrons as necessary.
• Coordinate orders and purchasing of SP&O collateral, signage, promotional items, and wearables.
• Help setting up marketing materials for SP&O events; bring programs and other marketing materials to concert hall; act as table ambassador as ED directs.
Skills and Attributes:
• Appreciation for the arts and classical music and/or opera
• Communicative self-starter who is prone to taking action
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and common technology tools; database experience a plus
• Experience with social media (Facebook, Instagram) and content management
To Apply: Please email Giuliano Kornberg at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Office Manager and Executive Assistant”. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM in-office with half-hour lunch, and must be able to work all concert nights and occasional community events. Schedule will be adjusted on event weeks to not exceed 40 hours. The timing and specific breakdown of duties will be directed by the Executive Director.
Physical and Transport Requirements:
• Must be able to do desk and computer work for extended periods of time
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time when working at an event
• Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs. (transporting programs, marketing materials, etc.)
• Candidates must be able to get themselves to and from the office and events
• Health Care and Dental Plan
• Two (2) Weeks PTO
• 12 Paid Holidays, per SP&O Holiday policy
• Option to participate in SP&O Simple IRA Retirement program and FSA Flexible Savings Plan
• Parking or public transit monthly pass provided
• One free concert ticket per performance
All offers of employment at are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check. The Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera strives to be recognized for the performance and presentation of high- quality music, also to engage and enrich people of all backgrounds and beliefs. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the arts, and aim to provide meaningful and relevant programming for our communities. The SP&O is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or another non- merit factor. All are welcome at the Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera.
As the Sacramento region’s professional orchestra and operatic performing arts company, and the most rapidly-growing performing arts organization in the region, the Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera (SP&O) is committed to attaining the highest caliber of music and bringing the Sacramento community together to inspire curiosity and transform lives through music.