Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
We are actively expanding our central teams to support Principal Investigators (PIs) and research study teams who are focused on mission-critical clinical trials programs.
The Clinical Research Coordinator II will support the clinical trial study start up by optimizing new and ongoing study start-up processes. This position negotiates optimal pricing and payment terms with sponsors, coordinating the submission of a wide range of study start-up documents including pricing requests to various UW, SCCA, and FHCRC departments, developing study budgets, negotiating study budgets. This position requires the ability to understand clinical research coordination, revenue cycle development, budgeting, compliance, and regulations.
- Coordinate research protocols within Fred Hutch and UW clinic settings to ensure protocol compliance
- Serve as point of contact to clinical staff and sponsors for study specific information
- Coordinate and communicate with Fred Hutch and UW offices involved in the review and negotiation of clinical trial budgets and contracts
- track study start-up and report progress to Manager, faculty, and study team members
- Document study related activity in the eReg, CTMS and other systems as applicable
- Maintain thorough knowledge of assigned trials and in the research field through on-the-ground study activities, attending related project meetings and symposia, reading related literature, and maintaining professional associations
- Provide back up for other Clinical Research Coordinators as needed. Provide back up for Data Coordinator on applicable trials
- Direct activities of research assistant supporting clinical trials
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two to three years' experience in a clinical research or cancer registry environment with regulatory or human research protections.
- Must be able to work independently and with multidisciplinary teams, interact with participants, be self-motivated, able to multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve
- Exceptional interpersonal skills both in-person and on telephone calls
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to locate resources and operate productively in an environment where standard operating procedures, guidelines and policies are not always available
- Collaborative focus is essential, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills, including computer skills
- Associate or bachelor's degree in a related field
- CCRP or CCRC accreditation
- Previous experience in oncology research
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception. Booster doses are strongly recommended but not required. If declining a booster, completion of the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form Questionnaire and COVID-19 Booster Declination Training is required. Because of our immunocompromised patient population, there are no medical or religious accommodations available for any employee who is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. Only employees whose positions are fully remote, who are not patient facing and/or require no access to clinical facilities, may apply for medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The annual base salary range for this position is from $61,174 to $91,762 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.