Location: San Antonio, Texas
Internal Number: JR100260
Job Family Group:
Major Gifts and Planned Giving (Celeste Mendoza)
Please note, starting salaries are based on factors including internal equity, relevant experience, and education.
United States of America (Exempt)
Manages proposal production and generates development writing materials. Writes content for special projects as assigned including, impact reports, cases for support, Endowment Report articles, Class Partners, and other copy as assigned. Reviews and edits print and electronic communication materials for multiple stakeholder groups from the Alumni Relations and Development division to ensure quality and consistency with organizational messaging and branding, as requested.
- Coordinates proposal production, including writing grant proposals and completing on-line grant applications as needed. Drafts, conducts research and at times, lightly designs stewardship and progress reports for Principal Gifts, Major Gifts, Corporations and Foundations, including online reports as assigned.
- Partners with gift officers (annual leadership giving, major gifts, planned giving and principal gifts) to draft complex gift agreements, including endowed fund agreements, capital agreements, pledge agreements, bequest intention agreements, gift agreements and addendums to all agreements. Serves as a key partner and agreement writer challenge funds and spend-down accounts.
- In partnership with the Director of Donor Relations, drafts, edits, and finalizes content for donor impact reports and stewardship reports, which includes drafting content and handling follow-up edits and content changes. Partners with Principal Gifts, Major Gifts and Planned Giving, Strategic Communications and Marketing, Special Collections in the Coates Library, faculty, staff, and the President's Office to bring reports to life.
- Writes content for special projects as assigned, including cases for support, Endowment Report articles, Class Partners, Presidential correspondence for donor invitations, and other copy.
- Reviews and edits print or electronic materials going to multiple recipients from Alumni Relations and Development Division to ensure quality and consistency with organizational messaging and branding, as requested.
- Cooperates and collaborates with other employees in the spirit of teamwork and collegiality and interacts with confidence, patience and integrity to provide professional leadership during emergencies.
- Complies with all Trinity University policies and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
Required: Two years of grant and development writing or equivalent experience.
Preferred: Experience in a nonprofit or university setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Excellent written and oral communication.
Ability to participate in a collaborative environment, to handle multiple tasks, to meet deadlines and to work independently.
Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Working knowledge with Adobe and Google Docs.
All jobs require a current Criminal Background Check (CBC).