Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
The Clinical Technologist I, certified performs lab tests, and processes on patient samples or products which involves operating analytical instruments, compiling and verifying the accuracy of clinical data and complying with the laboratory QA/QC program.
- Handles biological specimens and products; performs clinical assays and lab processes by following the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Operates analytical instruments, compiles and analyzes clinical data, verifies its accuracy, and reports results * Performs laboratory quality controls measurements.
- Prepares reagents and materials for clinical procedures.
- Enters patient and specimen information and results in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Performs regular maintenance and troubleshooting on analytical instruments.
- A Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution OR An associate degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution or equivalent education and training that includes 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses or 24 semester hours of science courses that include six semester hours of chemistry, six semester hours of biology and twelve semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination AND have laboratory training that includes completion of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by an HHS-approved organization, or at least 3 months documented laboratory training is each specialty in which the individual performs high complexity testing.
- Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist/Histocompatibility Technologist or equivalent certification with certified maintenance (as required by individual certification) of continuing education through ASCP, AMT, AAB, ABHI or equivalent agency.
- Proficiency with email, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Manual computation skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person, on the phone, and in writing in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a high pressure, time-sensitive, and complex health care environment.
- Ability to identify and triage issues appropriately.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception. Booster doses are strongly recommended but not required. If declining a booster, completion of the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form Questionnaire and COVID-19 Booster Declination Training is required. Because of our immunocompromised patient population, there are no medical or religious accommodations available for any employee who is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. Only employees whose positions are fully remote, who are not patient facing and/or require no access to clinical facilities, may apply for medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The hourly pay range for this position is from $37.29 to $55.92, which includes the per diem differential, and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees access to a retirement savings plan, an employee assistance program, and paid sick leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.