Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
Performs a variety of basic clerical duties as well as clerical duties requiring moderate skill, training and department knowledge.
The Epidemiology Department of Public Health Sciences is seeking a highly motivated undergraduate student who is interested in gaining experience in a research environment. The candidate will work collaboratively as part of a team to implement study plans, assist in monitoring progress, and conduct daily operational work to ensure that the overall project goals of the study are met. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone considering a future in research or medicine. This position will allow the candidate the flexibility to dedicate time to coursework. The time commitment will range from 2 to 6 hours per day and will not exceed 19 hours per week. We are committed to a supportive culture of safety, trust and belonging that helps our team members achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Maintain manual and computerized files.
- Perform photocopying, scanning, and mailing outgoing correspondence.
- Perform data entry and minimal word processing.
- Maintain supply inventory, ordering when needed.
- Assemble recruitment packets and kits.
- Deliver blood draw kits to clinic labs.
- Transport fixed biospecimens on UW and Fred Hutch shuttle.
- Perform duties requiring more skill and/or judgment than job duties 1-7 such as: abstracting data, reviewing data for accuracy and completeness, investigating/correcting address information on returned mail.
- Perform duties requiring special training and/or department knowledge such as: simple accounting, transferring confidential patient data and coding information to be recorded according to department procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a high school degree (or equivalent) and current enrollment in an undergraduate degree program are required.
- Work-study eligibility for 22/23 School year.
- Undergraduate students with relevant interests and/or experience will be considered.
- Excellent communications skills, maturity, and discretion in working with cancer patient data.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity with using computer software, including Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Minimum of six months entry-level office experience desired.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter, describing your interest and suitability for this position.
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception. Booster doses are strongly recommended but not required. If declining a booster, completion of the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form Questionnaire and COVID-19 Booster Declination Training is required. Because of our immunocompromised patient population, there are no medical or religious accommodations available for any employee who is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. Only employees whose positions are fully remote, who are not patient facing and/or require no access to clinical facilities, may apply for medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The hourly pay range for this position is from $18.75 to $24.71 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees access to a retirement savings plan, an employee assistance program, paid sick leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked), and prorated paid holidays (up to 13 days per year).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.