Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
As part of the Fred Hutch LabIT team, the Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) Analyst will assist with the development, improvement, and maintenance of all clinical laboratory information systems, including Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS), and all supporting systems associated with the Fred Hutch clinical labs. The LIMS Analyst will participate in assessment, troubleshooting and modification of existing software and/or hardware to achieve optimum performance and maximum benefit of the clinical application(s) and their associated database(s). The LIMS Analyst will also regularly interact with clinic and department staff for training, clinical system support, and act as a liaison between clinic staff, the IT Service Desk Team, and application vendors when necessary.
- Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with tier one support for clinical lab information systems, including LIMS, and supporting systems, hardware and software located at Fred Hutch. Tier one support includes:
- First call response
- Initial investigation
- End user help
- Timely escalation to tier 2
- Broker systems access
- Prioritization of issues
- Communication to user
- Maintain records of computer and/or application problems, reporting routinely to lab and IT management; provide follow-up information on a regular basis.
- Prepare for and monitor stability of clinical lab applications during system updates.
- Act as a liaison between clinic staff, the IT Service Desk Team, and application vendors to facilitate timely and efficient resolution of clinical lab system issues.
- Analyze department needs and recommend appropriate software and hardware solutions to IT management.
- Perform and/or assist with hardware and/or software installations.
- Coordinate with staff from Fred Hutch's partner institutions as needed. Attend and participate in shared technological resource meetings as needed.
- Assist with gathering and documenting user requirements for current and/or future LIMS and other clinical applications.
- Assist with the design and implementation of LIMS configurations and applications to meet user specifications.
- Assist with developing new functionality and expanding existing functionality in LIMS as required by evolving business requirements.
- Assist LIMS management team in developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures, user guides, and other relevant documentation.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to current Fred Hutch and Lab IT change control and validation procedures to meet regulatory agency requirements.
- Collaborate with IT and QA departments to facilitate validation activities; develop and/or execute test scripts as required.
- Assist with the initial and continuing education of all clinic staff in the efficient utilization of LIMS.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years experience required.
- Experience configuring and supporting a LIMS.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency with LIMS and clinical lab information systems.
- Must be able to rapidly either resolve, or ensure that others resolve, problems that interfere with or disable LIMS or other clinical information systems.
- Proficient in computer systems troubleshooting.
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedules and assignments in order to meet the needs of the department (i.e. may include overtime, flexing, rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and on-call).
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team as the situation requires.
- Must have excellent customer relations, communications, and time management skills.
- Must be able to prioritize work assignments and adjust tasks as needed.
- Must understand potentially hazardous working conditions. (e.g., radiation, chemicals from film processing, biohazardous waste, electromagnetic fields), and work effectively to minimize the risks.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or similar degree
- LabWare LIMS experience.
- Programming experience desirable.
- Experience with reporting tools, especially Crystal Reports.
- Proficient working with customers and project stakeholders developing requirements and documenting workflows.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Clinical lab experience desirable.
- Experience working in a CLIA regulated environment.
- Experience working in a FDA regulated environment and familiar with 21 CFR part 11 requirements.
- Familiar with CAP accreditation.
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception. Booster doses are strongly recommended but not required. If declining a booster, completion of the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form Questionnaire and COVID-19 Booster Declination Training is required. Because of our immunocompromised patient population, there are no medical or religious accommodations available for any employee who is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. Only employees whose positions are fully remote, who are not patient facing and/or require no access to clinical facilities, may apply for medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment. A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The annual base salary range for this position is from $117,336.00 to $185,466.00 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (22 days per year), paid sick leave (up to 30 calendar days per occurrence of a qualifying reason), paid holidays (up to 13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 12 months for professor track faculty, up to 6 months for other scientific staff).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.