Position Title: Executive Director, RCCD Foundation (Foundation)- District
Department: Foundation (D)
Position Type: Classified Management/Supervisor
Physical location of the position: Offsite Location
If off-site, please specify location. Alumni House
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Length: 12-month
Salary Range: Grade AA
Salary Amount: $169,938 - $206,889
Salary Type: Annual
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? No
BASIC FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Vice Chancellor, Institutional Advancement and Economic Development, is responsible for the overall development, coordination, and administration of the Riverside Community College District (RCCD) Foundation and its policies, procedures, and activities, subject to policies established by the Foundation Board of Directors and the Riverside Community College District Board of Trustees; and is responsible for the creation and implementation of a comprehensive development program in direct support of the District and its colleges, and shall serve as the District's Major Gifts Officer.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Executive Director, RCCD Foundation directly supervises staff supporting the Foundation.
Education and Experience: A bachelor 's degree from a regionally accredited institution and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a nonprofit organization, including the development, execution, and evaluation of successful strategies with major gifts and donor development in higher education.
A master's degree and experience in a community college setting is preferred. Experience with direct mail programs, direct solicitation programs, annual giving programs, special events, budget development, work plan completion, and evaluations is highly desired.
Experience: Knowledge Of:
1. Planned giving options, including charitable trusts, bequeathed contributions, annuities, and insurance; 2. Excellent oral and written communication skills; 3. Superior relationship management skills; 4. Excellent organizational skills fundraising strategies, including annual giving, major gifts, donor cultivation and solicitation, corporate solicitations, and foundation grant opportunities and processes; 5. The principles and practices of modern public and business administration and management; 6. Computerized online programs used for accounting, auditing, fiscal controls, and financial management, including designated fund and fund-raising software; 7. The practices and principles of accounting and auditing, financial analysis, and research procedures; 8. Effective supervisory techniques, including successful recruitment and selection processes, appropriate work assignment delegation, and performance management/evaluation; 9. Relevant staff development and training, and meaningful corrective and disciplinary action.
1. Establish and maintain appropriate cost control and reconciliation measures; 2. Make public presentations in a dynamic and convincing manner; 3. Interpret and apply laws, policies, and procedures; 4. Communicate well with internal and external publics; 5. Analyze complex situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action; 6. Effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and achieve objectives; 7. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, donors, college administrators, managers, faculty, staff, students, vendors, and contractors in a diverse, multicultural, and multiethnic educational environment; 8. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; 9. Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Will require occasional travel.
ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS: Employee works in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Employee may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
EXEMPT POSITION: This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY): The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
1. Designs and implements a comprehensive development program for the RCCD Foundation in support of the overall mission of the District and the colleges. 2. Recommends, plans, and implements special revenuegenerating projects such as major gift campaigns, annual campaigns, and capital campaigns in accordance with and in support of the priorities of the colleges and the District. 3. Supervises Foundation special events, direct mail solicitations, proposal writing, planned giving opportunities, and donor solicitations. 4. Establishes specific development goals to be met on an annual basis. 5. Coordinates processes for awarding student scholarships across the District. 6. Coordinates alumni giving efforts. 7. Maintains a financial accounting and auditing system for all Foundation accounts, in cooperation with the Vice Chancellor of Business and Financial Services. 8. Supervises the annual Foundation audit process. 9. Maintains confidential donor records and mailing lists. 10. Hires, directs, coaches, evaluates, trains, and manages assigned staff. 11. Interprets District programs for the general public through community contacts, outreach, and participation in community activities. 12. Represents the Foundation and District at various community and civic functions. 13. Participates in local, regional, and state activities to promote the Riverside Community College District and its colleges. 14. Performs other related duties, as assigned; specific duties not listed does not exclude them for this classification if the work is similar or related.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a Classified Management. Paid vacation, 22 days annually; and paid accruable sick leave, 12 days annually. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than 12 months. The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Georgina Villasenor, located at 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only: Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
Required Applicant Documents: Resume or Curriculum Vitae Cover Letter Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents: Other Document Doctorate Transcript Other Transcript Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date: Anticipated start date: January 2023 or after
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
IMPORTANT NOTICES: *It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 3rd or the 4th week of January 2023.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Listing 'see resume' or a similar statement is not acceptable. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of reference, IF REQUIRED, must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources and Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance
The Riverside Community College District through its three colleges—Moreno Valley College, Norco College, and Riverside City College supported by the District Office—serves and enriches its diverse communities by offering certificates, degrees, and transfer programs that help students achieve their educational and career goals.Working for Riverside Community College District is an opportunity and a privilege. It is an opportunity to contribute in a variety of ways to ensure student success for those who are here for their personal development and education. We all contribute in some way, shape, or form to that District priority. We all h?ave the privilege to contribute in an environment that values the qualities of inclusiveness, diversity, and hard work. Diversity and Human Resources is a department of primacy in the organization and strives to assure that its people have the tools, resources, and qualities to serve stakeholders at all levels.We balance service and regulatory requirements with a goal to help RCCD provide a safe and discriminatory free work environment for all. We assure to the community that our environment is fair, open, legally compliant, and customer friendly.