Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
A Fred Hutch Cancer Center ARNP/PA-C is a certified physician assistant or advanced registered nurse practitioner who provides evaluation and medical management of Heme/Heme Malignancy patients at Fred Hutch Cancer Center. They follow patients during their chemotherapy and provide medical supportive care, as well as surveillance after completion of treatment. The ARNP/PA-C assesses and manages basic health needs of patients, addresses treatment toxicities, performs procedures, monitors for cancer progression or recurrence, and consults with professional peers as needed. They work collaboratively with the treatment team to coordinate care of their patients. All clinical responsibilities are performed within the scope of practice, institutional privileges and under the supervision of an attending physician.
- Can work towards a four-day work week
- Outpatient position that is clinic-based Monday through Friday without weekend coverage or overnight call
- Generous vacation and benefits
- Performs complex and problem-focused H & P's
- Evaluates and manages on-treatment and post-treatment side effects, as well as long-term surveillance and survivorship issues
- Performs procedures (bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, lumbar puncture with intrathecal chemotherapy, etc.) according to licensure, credentialing, and scope of practice
- Collaborates and consults with other disciplines and services to ensure safe, effective, and timely treatment as well as continuity of patient care
- Participates in the conduct of cancer clinical research
- Provides patient, caregiver, and peer education
- Communicates effectively with inpatient and outpatient teams
- Participates in patient rounds, conferences and committees
- Active member of the Fred Hutch Rapid Response/Code Team
- 1 year of ARNP or PA-C experience in Medical Oncology preferred
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude is a must! Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team is essential
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program required
- Washington state licensure required
- DEA required upon credentialing
- ACLS required within 3 months of start date
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception. Booster doses are strongly recommended but not required. If declining a booster, completion of the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form Questionnaire and COVID-19 Booster Declination Training is required. Because of our immunocompromised patient population, there are no medical or religious accommodations available for any employee who is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. Only employees whose positions are fully remote, who are not patient facing and/or require no access to clinical facilities, may apply for medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment. A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The annual base salary range for this position is from $111,748.00 to $176,634.00 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Benefits: include health & dental plans, and vacations.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.