Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
The ARNP/PA-C is a nurse practitioner or certified physician assistant who provides evaluation and medical management to inpatient Oncology patients at the University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). The ARNP/PA-C:
- Provides care to patients who are admitted to the hospital for chemotherapy, management of toxicities of therapy, underlying disease, and concurrent illness.
- Assess and manage medical needs of the inpatient oncology patients, addresses treatment toxicities, performs procedures and consults with professional peers as part of an interdisciplinary team working collaboratively with the treatment team to coordinate care of their patients.
- All clinical responsibilities are performed within the scope of practice, institutional privileges and under the supervision of an attending physician.
- Works as part on an interdisciplinary team on the inpatient units at UWMC working 12 hour rotating day shifts to cover 7 days per week
- Performs complex and problem-focused H & P's; rounds daily with team and attending physician
- Evaluates and manages all aspects of care for medical oncology and hematology inpatients
- Performs procedures including bone marrow biopsy and lumbar puncture
- Collaborates and consults with other disciplines and services
- Communicates changes and transitions from inpatient to outpatient in a seamless fashion and changes in patient's health status or urgent patient issues to the patient's outpatient primary oncologist team
- Participates in patient rounds, conferences and committees
- Actively participates in clinical aspects of research trials
- Documents patient care data in accordance with the UWP policies
- Other duties as assigned
- One year experience as an ARNP or PA-C; Hematology, Oncology, or Inpatient experience strongly preferred
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude is a must! The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team is essential.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
- ACLS required witin 3 months of hire
- Washington state licensure required
- DEA licensure required within 30 days of privileging
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- EHR and CPOE experience is essential
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception. Booster doses are strongly recommended but not required. If declining a booster, completion of the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form Questionnaire and COVID-19 Booster Declination Training is required. Because of our immunocompromised patient population, there are no medical or religious accommodations available for any employee who is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. Only employees whose positions are fully remote, who are not patient facing and/or require no access to clinical facilities, may apply for medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment. A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The annual base salary range for this position is from $111,748.00 to $176,634.00 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Benefits: include health & dental plans, and vacations.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.