Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.??
Banner Children's Specialists Orthopedic, offers children complete, multidisciplinary care for all major orthopedic conditions. We care for children throughout the Southwest and treat some of the most challenging orthopedic problems children face today. Our team will carefully evaluate children's X-rays and MRIs and explain possible surgical and nonsurgical treatment options. Families can be certain that their child will receive comprehensive and compassionate care from our entire team.
As a Pediatric Ortho Medical Assistant , you'll work alongside a team dedicated to providing an excellent patient experience. You'll work directly with physicians and provide hand's patient support. You'll utilize your established Medical Assistant skills to room patients, obtain vitals, assist with procedures, and update patient electronic medical records accurately and timely. You'll also assist in supporting our our office/administrative staff throughout the clinic. This could include answering phones, checking in patients, scheduling appointments, following up with referrals, ordering supplies, stocking rooms, etc. Apply now to connect with a recruiter and learn more! This opportunity is full-time, 40hrs wk., Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm.
*If selected, the recruiter will provide eligibility criteria for the sign-on bonus
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Colorado and Wyoming, to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for assisting providers in delivering medical care, as well as implementing and evaluating direct patient care. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and skills necessary to provide appropriate patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Applies, adjusts and removes casts, splints, immobilization devices and traction. Removes sutures, staples, pins and wires; changes dressings and cares for wounds. Measures and fits patients for braces and other orthopedic devices. Educates patients about various orthopedic conditions.
2. Assists physician in reduction of fractures and dislocations. Assists with and performs the removal of orthopedic hardware. Able to interpret most types of orthopedic fractures and dislocations on x-ray films.
3. Performs first and second assist functions during procedures and surgeries under direct supervision of a surgeon. Knowledge of all operating room aseptic techniques, including setting up proper draping and surgical fields. Positions and prepares patient for various orthopedic surgical procedures in operating room; including fracture table setup, patient positioning, and specialized orthopedic instrumentation.
4. Assists providers with examinations, including obtaining medical history and vitals, draw up injections, and taking necessary measurements. Instruct patient in pre and post-operative care, proper care of casts and splints, and crutch training.
5. Documents all information into the patient records system accurately and completely to ensure maximum reimbursement. Obtains all necessary signatures and documentation. Provides administrative support in orthopedic department when needed.
6. Orders, tracks and maintains product inventory. Replenishes and disperses supplies within the exam rooms to ensure all rooms are appropriately stocked and readily accessible.
7. Maintains a clean, functional environment including cleaning and disinfection of equipment, exam rooms and storage areas. Performs basic maintenance of equipment and coordinates needed maintenance for prompt repairs.
8. May supervise and train other non-certified Cast/Orthopedic technologists.
9. This position functions with limited supervision and is responsible for all aspects of the patient experience. Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients/clients, families and external contacts, such as vendors and employees of other health care institutions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification. Current Registered Orthopedic Technologist (ROT) certification.
Requires knowledge of medical terminology, insurance processes, and general billing/coding processes as typically obtained through one year experience in a hospital or physician practice environment. Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Current certification as an Orthopedic Technologist by the National Board of Certification for Orthopedic Technologists (NBCOT).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.