Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit, unified adult cancer care and research center that is clinically integrated with UW Medicine, a world leader in clinical care, research and learning. The first National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in the Pacific Northwest, Fred Hutch's global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy, and COVID-19 vaccines has confirmed our reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy, and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures for the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The MRI Technologist performs and/or assists with MRI procedures according to department procedure manual utilizing correct anatomic positioning, while adjusting technical factors of equipment in proportion to patient and body part being examined while minimizing radiation and applying immobilization devices, as required.
- Information Processing & Image Review
- Manages electronic data, processes information (subtraction or other digital manipulation) for interpretation, reviews exam for proper positioning, technique, identification, and records required information
- Transfer images to PACS and verifies the action. Reviews the case, patient medical history, protocol, and prior images, using clinical judgement to ensure a successful outcome
- Instructs radiology students and/or new staff according to clinical and department requirements; assists in the orientation of department and hospital personnel with emphasis on radiation safety
- Maintenance & Safety Checks
- Performs visual maintenance and quality controls checks, records and reports results to appropriate personnel, identifies problems and communicates them to immediate supervisor, takes appropriate corrective action when necessary, and offers solutions as appropriate
- Maintenance of Supplies
- Responsible for ensuring an adequate inventory of supplies, linens, and accessories
- Exam Scheduling
- Coordinates and schedules examinations
- Medication Administration
- Initiates intravenous access for the administration of contrast and/or radio pharmaceutical isotopes; accesses patency; understands emergency procedures in the event of extravasations and/or allergic response.
- Degree or program that provides you the eligibility to attain certification or licensure
Washington State Radiologic Technologist Certification If radiologic technologist.
Meets one of the following:
A. ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists), ARMRIT (American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists) , or CAMRT (Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists) registered as an MR technologist or will acquire this within 12 months of employment
B. ARRT registered in MRI or unlimited state license, AND 6 months supervised radiology clinical scanning experience
C. Associate degree or bachelor degree in allied health field, AND Certification in another clinical imaging field, such as ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography) OR NMTCB(Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board), AND 6 months supervised MRI clinical scanning experience
D. Performing MRI prior to and continuously since October 1996, and evaluated by responsible physician to assure competence AND supervised experience in breast MRI, and supervised experience in the intravenous administration of MR contrast
- Current BLS AHA Health Provider Card (or equivalent course, such as by the American Red Cross), and renewal required every two years.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person, on the phone, and in writing in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to work independently, organize, and prioritize concurrent responsibilities and demands
- Ability to assess patients' conditions and request assistance when necessary
- Ability to assist in the movement of patient to and from wheelchairs, carts and radiographic tables.
- Three years of MR technologist experience
- Proficient in email and word processing systems
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
SCCA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, and there are no exceptions for any employee who is patient-facing and/or requires access to SCCA facilities.
Exceptions exist only for employees whose positions are fully remote, with no required access to campus. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees requiring access to campus must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The hourly pay range for this position is from $53.37 to $84.36, which includes the per diem differential, and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees access to a retirement savings plan, an employee assistance program, and paid sick leave (1 hour for every 30 hours worked).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.