Responsible for leveraging our online neighborhoods to move alumni along the engagement continuum. The Alumni Relations team connects alumni to each other and back to Lehigh for the purpose of supporting the university’s goals. This position does that mostly through digital outreach, and has experience engaging and mobilizing large audiences in-person and through a variety of platforms. Digital marketing and project or account management is key. Expertise on how to manipulate data and develop actionable analytics is critical, and an entrepreneurial mindset is helpful. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Manage and execute annual Giving Day program, particularly focusing on young alumni constituents and never-givers *Lead and manage a core group of cross-team representatives to execute on all facets of planning and preparation for Giving Day including developing overall engagement strategies, raising and organizing challenge funds, crafting timelines, processing gifts, reporting, planning communications, producing and coordinating on-campus activities, facilitating peer-to-peer outreach, executing stewardship and managing the website *Research and benchmark best practices in day of giving programs across higher education and nonprofit institutions *Serve as main point of contact to facilitate all needs, resources and website set up with external platform vendor; continually investigate and demo new technology resources and facilitate any new vendors or contracts through internal purchasing approval process *Manage communications with MarComm team, student groups, faculty and alumni *Serve as the face of Giving Day to both internal Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) constituents and external constituents including senior campus leadership, faculty, students and athletics partnership; this involves writing high-level emails, presenting at various meetings and possibly speaking to reporters *Assist in analyzing donor demographics, psychographics and post-Giving Day survey responses to help define goals and strategies for future planning
2. Manage, promote and facilitate grassroots fundraising efforts via a crowdfunding platform *Collaborate with internal DAR partners and external campus partners to deepen the program’s impact by building support among the colleges, gift officers, Lehigh Fund, volunteers and other partners *Lead and socialize the new model of crowdfunding at Lehigh, from a made-to-order tech platform to crowdfunding as a program with three critical legs: strategic student projects, passionate alumni volunteers and supportive faculty or staff *Systemize the onboarding materials provided to project groups that will help to guide them through the process of promoting and funding their project; onboarding materials should clearly define the support available from DAR teams *Act as the main point of contact to the vendor for technological support, including any questions from Lehigh Liners, gift processing, database updates, etc. *Provide data analysis on overall crowdfunding results and per-project metrics *Collaborate with Lehigh Fund to coordinate post-project solicitations and stewardship efforts *Set up 8-10 crowdfunding projects at least twice per year.
3. Grow the Lehigh Connects networking/mentoring platform *Lehigh Connects, built on PeopleGrove, has 5K+ alumni and students participating; the Director will nurture the platform, establishing it as the go-to alumni career portal for advice, job postings and discussions *Develop strategies and coach staff on using LinkedIn to better connect with alumni *Explore how LinkedIn and Lehigh Connects communities can complement each other and elevate the value of online networking for alumni *Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to ensure business decisions are delivering the best return on investment
4. Manage and execute ongoing needs for new alumni website and database conversion *Working closely with DAR Communications as the project develops, identify processes for collecting and updating content from AR staff *Serve as main point of contact to the MarComm team *Assist in identifying photos, content and other elements needed for new site
5. Manage alumni engagement metrics *Develop holistic data management strategy to infuse data analytics into AR team’s work; individual programs as well as AR writ large *Contribute to CASE and other organizations to help shape the industry’s growth around measuring engagement *Find stories in the qualitative (survey) and quantitative data that will help colleagues better engage alumni through their programs *Manage semi-annual all-alumni survey processes with Assistant Vice President (AVP) and Institutional Research colleagues *Ensure that events, activities and volunteers are being coded properly by staff and push button reports are accurate; work with DAR Services to correct or improve accuracy *Working with the AVP for Alumni Relations, draft monthly narratives for Board of Trustees based on monthly DAR Dashboards *Own the predictive engagement data model being developed by Campbell & Company; assist team members with applications, offer refinements over time, share knowledge with DAR and other colleagues
6. Support other members of the AR team and DAR colleagues and complete general office duties as expected *Support programs housed within the AR team, and others within DAR, to ensure successful outcomes; programs include Reunion Weekend, Distribution Days, Grad Fair Days, Send Offs, Regional events, volunteer trainings, LUAA Board meetings, Giving Day, Crowdfunding, etc. *Complete general office duties proactively in a timely manner including budget maintenance, timesheets, OneCard reconciliation, calendar maintenance, etc. *Provide customer service to internal and external constituents as requested and needed *Proactively assist alumni and staff (both internal and external to AR) and problem-solve *Suggest or initiate changes and improvements to departmental processes or procedures
Grade: 9 – 40
Position Number: S98982
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by the supervisor
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Anthropology, Sociology, Computer Science or Visual Arts or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years related work experience
Experience engaging and mobilizing large audiences in-person and through a variety of platforms
Digital marketing and project or account management is key
Expertise on how to manipulate data and develop actionable analytics is critical, and an entrepreneurial mindset is helpful
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software
Solid analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.