Don't just manage a team- build one. Thanks to our flexible network, Banner Health leaders can access the staff and resources they need to bring their vision to life.If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
The 890,000-square-foot acute-care facility is on 33 acres on the southwest corner of 55th Avenue and Thunderbird Road in Glendale, Arizona. A recently completed $290 million expansion project added a spacious and comfortable main lobby, a patient/family library, a heart and vascular center, state-of-the-art surgical suites and a 200-bed patient tower to the campus. The new tower includes a new
Emergency department and all-private rooms.
We are proud to announce Banner Thunderbird is now a Level I Adult Trauma Center for patients 15 and older. Designation as an Arizona Level I Trauma Center means Banner Thunderbird can provide total care for every aspect of injury, greatly reducing the need to transfer patients outside the area for life-saving treatment. Examples of injuries a Level I can treat include traumatic car crash injuries, gunshot victims, stab wounds and traumatic brain injuries.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the effective direction, management, and operation of all functions of the Environmental Services department to maintain a clean and safe medical center environment. Ensures the proper guidelines and protocols governing the use of chemicals and the disposal of waste products are enforced. Provides a key role in negotiation of cleaning supply and equipment contracts, and linen contracts.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the environmental services department. Develops goals and performance expectations for staff. Establishes work procedures and directs the daily work of staff. Removes barriers, leads team and effectively delegates and promotes teamwork.
2. Assures the department is effectively and efficiently controlling budgeted manpower, materials, equipment, money and time. Promotes and ensures compliance with system and/or facility policies and procedures, as well as federal and state regulations. Reports performance monitoring for expected time periods.
3. Establishes priorities for the goals, objectives and strategies for the Environmental Services Department. Studies systems and processes to understand and make improvements. Seeks to benchmark outside the organization to find better approaches. Makes predictions of volume trends, staffing and technology needs as well as supply costs.
4. Manages and ensure the effectiveness/efficiency of work and employee scheduling systems. Defines roles, responsibilities, key relationships and accountability. Develops staff through orientation, assessment of competencies and performance, and promotion of educational and training opportunities.
5. Promotes win-win interpersonal relationships with leaders, facility and system senior leadership, employees, physicians, patients and customers. Fosters positive customer service attitude by maintaining effective working relationships. Promotes win-win negotiations with suppliers.
6. Leads teams and contributes to efforts to improve processes and customer satisfaction, reduce waste and promote system integration resulting in best value care. Follows safety standards in all aspects of performance of the above functions, reports/removes unsafe equipment and attends safety education sessions.
7. Develop plans and programs for change implementation when needed.
8. Leads teams and contributes to efforts to improve processes and customer satisfaction, reduce waste and promote system integration resulting in best value care. Follows safety standards in all aspects of performance of the above functions, reports/removes unsafe equipment and attends safety education sessions.
9. Department responsibility over facility/campus buildings. Internal customers are patients, staff, executives, and physicians. Phone contact with a variety of outside customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS This position requires a minimum of 3 years supervisory/management experience. Must possess current knowledge of budgeting, negotiating, and regulatory requirements. Requires a comprehensive working knowledge of environmental services functions, including chemicals, tools, and equipment used for carpet and hard floor care.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must possess skills in the areas of computer operation, planning, directing, communication, and statistical analysis.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.