Health care is changing, and it's our goal to create a new model to answer America's health care challenges today and in the future. Our passionate and talented teams will be the change on the health care landscape in our communities - big and small. If taking access and delivery from complex to easy, from costly to affordable and from unpredictable to reliable sounds interesting to you, we want to hear from you.
Bring your desire to learn and grow with us to our ever growing Pediatric Gastro clinic, where you'll be working side by side with medical staff to create a great patient experience as a Patient Financial Service Rep. A love for working with kids, is a definite plus. Banner Children's Gastro is dedicated to providing children and their parents with comprehensive information, diagnosis, and treatment for pediatric gastro issues. Our goal is to provide the best care possible in a kid-friendly, comfortable, and relaxed environment. We can do so with the least invasive testing while also utilizing state of the art technology with our robotic surgeries to help minimize discomfort and stress.
We are an engaging team with a definite potential for growth. We're expanding every day with our outreach clinics all throughout the valley. You'll have an opportunity to learn and grow while working alongside a great team of individuals who are passionate about caring for our pediatric patients. Our Peds Gastro clinic is one of nine specialty clinics here at the Banner Pediatric Specialists office, near Banner Desert Hospital, so there is plenty of opportunity for networking, as well.
Duties of the position will include checking patients in and out of the clinic, answering clinic phone calls, verifying insurance, collecting forms of payment and chat prepping.
Location: 1432 S. DOBSON RD. SUITE.402 MESA, AZ 85202
Shift/Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM (no weekends or Holidays!)
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Colorado and Wyoming, to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position conducts registration, point of service collections and obtains authorizations and forms needed to maximize reimbursement. Document all facets of the registration process and meet accuracy goals as determined by management. Collect payments and meet regular collection targets as determined by management. Demonstrates the ability to collect payments, to resolve customer issues and provide excellent customer service. Perform financial counseling when appropriate.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs pre-registration/registration processes, verifies eligibility and obtains authorizations, submits notifications and verifies authorizations for services. Verifies patient's demographics and accurately inputs this information into A/D/T system, including documenting the account thoroughly in order to maximize reimbursement and minimize denials/penalties from the payor(s). Obtains federally/state required information and all consents and documentation required by the patient's insurance plan(s). Must be able to consistently meet monthly individual accuracy goal as determine by management.
2. Verifies and understands insurance benefits, Collects patient responsibility based on estimates at the time of service or during the pre-registration process. As assigned collection attempts may be made at the bedside. Must be able to consistently meet monthly individual collection target as determined by management.
3. May provide financial counseling to patients and their families. Explains company financial policies and provides information as to available resources. Assists patients with applying for Medicaid. Assists patients with completing all financial assistance programs (i.e.: basic financial assistance, enhanced financial assistance, prompt pay discount, loan program).
4. Acts as a liaison between the patient, the billing department, vendors, physician offices and the payor to enhance account receivables performance and meet payment collection goals, resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns and maximize service excellence.
5. Communicates with physicians, clinical and hospital staff, nursing and Health Information Management Services to resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns. Work to meet the patient's needs in financial services.
6. Consistently meets monthly individual productivity goal as determined by management. Completes daily assignments/work lists, keeps electronic productivity log up to date and inputs information accurately. Identifies opportunities to improve process and practices good teamwork.
7. Provides a variety of patient services and financial services tasks. May be assigned functions such as transporting patients, may precept new hire employees, recapping daily deposits, posting daily deposits or conducting other work assignments of the Patient Financial Services team.
8. Works independently under regular supervision and follows structured work routines. Works in a fast paced, multi task environment with high volume and immediacy needs requiring independent decision making and sound judgment to prioritize work and ensure appropriateness and timeliness of each patient's care. This position requires the ability to retain large amounts of changing payor information/knowledge crucial to attaining reimbursement for the services provided. Primary external customers include patients and their families, physician office staff and third party payors.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required.
Work experience with the Company's systems and processes is preferred. Previous cash collections experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.