1. In coordination with Provost/Vice President and appropriate CiAM staff, coordinate, plan, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive student services program for the Student Affairs Department that is consistent with the university’s Strategic Enrollment Management plan.
2. Ensures divisional compliance with the institutional mission by reviewing and approving unit plans, goals and objectives, and service activities.
3. Develops and maintains a properly coordinated delivery of essential student services by organizing the various units and sub-units in a logical, non-duplicative, and effective manner to best meet the work requirements of the division and the needs of the student body.
4. Assures the prompt and effective delivery of student services by monitoring workloads throughout the division and prioritizing staffing needs accordingly.
5. Enables division employees to perform their assigned tasks by coordinating the annual budget and retaining executive authority over all budgets within the Division of Student Affairs.
6. Encourages high morale and quality student service through a leadership style which causes employees to strive for the achievement of annually established goals and objectives.
7. Manages the achievement of division goals by developing effective controls to guide work effort toward expected outcomes.
8. Promotes positive student relations by maintaining effective lines of communication with student leaders and serving as a strong advocate for the non-academic, extra-curricular, and co-curricular needs of students.
9. Supervise department staff and conduct annual performance reviews for all full-time Student Affairs staff.
10. Maintain close liaison with students and staff to enable the campus to develop student service and activity programs which meet identified needs.
11. Assist with orientation programs. Facilitate orientation sessions, as necessary.
12. Assist with providing direct student services during peak periods, including providing academic and financial aid advising (Title IV) and registering students as appropriate.
13. Lead Student Affairs staff in multiple functional areas (enrollment, advising, financial aid, student life) by demonstrating understanding of and commitment to continuous improvement of processes and procedures for enhanced services to students.
14. Oversee departments/staff responsible for managing military education benefits and approvals
15. Work in collaboration with Dean and Provost/Vice President to bring student discipline matters to resolution.
16. Represent Student Affairs in matters related to Title IX.
17. May be required to work a flexible schedule.
The Director of Student Affairs plays an integral role in CiAM’s commitment to student success and the quality of the student experience, and as such is a key member of CiAM’s management team. Through close and continual collaboration and coordination with the Provost/Vice President, Dean, and other key student services personnel college-wide, the Director of Student Affairs will provide a comprehensive program of enrollment/student services including recruitment, retention, advising, registration, and financial aid for CiAM. Provide direct day-to-day supervision for CiAM’s admissions, student life, and student services staff. Will also provide direct supervision of tutoring/counseling services and staff.
The goal of CiAM’s Student Affairs team is to provide a caring and exceptional learning environment that fosters the success of our students and community. Candidates considering becoming part of the CiAM family must be able to embrace and model this philosophy in their day-to-day responsibilities and demonstrate our standards: professional, responsive, informative, dependable, and engaged.
The Director of Student Affairs advises the Provost/Vice President on all matters pertaining to non-academic student life. The Director serves as the senior executive officer responsible for providing leadership and general management of units in the division:
· Admissions: the creation of recruitment material and publications, agent outreach and development plan, college/school fair events, advising of international and domestic potential students
· Registrar/DSO: coordination of commencements, Records, Registration, student advising
· Student Support Services: Scholarships and Financial Aid, Veterans Affairs, Counseling and Testing, Emergency Psychological Services
· Career Services: Student Employment, Career Counseling, Internal and External Internship Coordination, Career Fairs, Student and alumni Job Placement
The California Institute of Advanced Management, CiAM, is a nonprofit graduate university that produces socially responsible and globally oriented leaders who will make positive changes in their communities. Our MBA program focuses on practical learning. CiAM values and promotes a culture respecting ethics, integrity, and the fulfillment of duty to our constituents, employees and society. These values flow directly from the wisdom of Peter F. Drucker.
CiAM’s Annual Campus Safety and Security Report 2021 is now available. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the school. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security, for example, policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. Three years’ worth of statistics for 2018-2020 are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on campus, in or on off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the school and on public property within or immediately adjacent to the campus. This report is available online at https://ciam.edu/student-life/campus-safety
CiAM – Innovate. Inspire. Achieve. California Institute of Advanced Management (CIAM) is the first independent, not-for-profit, graduate school dedicated entirely to educating people who are working towards a more balanced and just society through responsible business management principles. Discover California Institute of Advanced Management www.ciam.edu.