You have a place in the health care industry. There's more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Banner Home Health is a four-star home care agency and the largest in Phoenix. Our structure is set up to provide Home Health Nurses multiple avenues for support that isn't available at other agencies - a field preceptor, an IT specialist, a dedicated scheduler, a nurse preceptor during orientation (available every day to help with documentation questions and challenges), an in office team of QI specialists, documentation support specialists, a telehealth team, 11 clinical managers and in office triage support. This structure is designed to assist field clinicians in managing their caseload appropriately and not feeling "alone" in the field! We recognize that our nurse case managers are the key to a successful journey with home health. Banner Home Health is committed to supporting our team members to make home health the best place to work and the best place to receive care
As a Banner Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA), you will enjoy working in sub-assigned territories with small travel distance. You will have available visits all year around without having to sign with multiple agencies. You will enjoy autonomous work environment and 1:1 patient care which will allow you to track patients' treatment plan and their progress toward a healthy life! We offer mileage reimbursement and we will provide you a company cell phone and a laptop. This position will provide visits in East Valley.
Ranked in the top 25 percent of all home care agencies in the United States, Banner Home Care is the largest nonprofit, free-standing home care agency in Arizona. We provide intermittent health care for patients of all ages in the comfort of their home. Our home care team is experienced, compassionate and professional, and the results prove that Banner Home Care measures better than the national and Arizona average in almost all Medicare Quality Compare patient satisfaction results. Banner Hospice have been providing comfort care for the past 10 years in the Phoenix Metro area. The goal is to support quality of life, honor the wishes of patients, maintain the dignity of the individual and support the family through their grieving process. Inpatient Home care is also available for respite care and symptom management. The Banner Hospice Team can provide comfort to the patient and family by alleviating symptoms, by providing meaningful help and by creating an environment to develop lasting final memories.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the administration of physical therapy treatment under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, in accordance with physician referral, state and local organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Administers physical therapy treatment according to the plan of care established by the Physical Therapist. Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner. Monitors ongoing effectiveness of treatment and collaborates with Physical Therapist in modifying the plan of care when indicated. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Participates in discharge planning. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
2. Demonstrates understanding of scope of practice. Documents communication with supervising Physical Therapist. Communicates any significant change in the patient's physical function, behavior, and/or tolerance to treatment to the supervising Physical Therapist. Makes recommendations to Physical Therapist on additions to or modifications of referring orders. Provides input to the Physical Therapist to modify/update treatment goals so they are functional, measurable, patient related and reflect key limiting factors. Refers patient when treatment requires skills of Physical Therapist.
3. Documents according to standards set by the department and regulatory agencies. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents innovative and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects comprehensive assessment of patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies.
4. Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates treatment results, and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver and the interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature.
5. Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
6. Demonstrates appropriate supervision and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. Supervision and delegation of the Therapy Technician and PTA student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
7. Department operational activities. Attends required department staff meetings and/or follows up to obtain pertinent information. Participates in department/facility process improvement. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
8. This position has responsibility for interacting with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families, and external contacts such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with the physician offices in order to report, requires or clarify information.
Must have graduated from Physical Therapy Assistant program accredited by APTA, or equivalent.
Must possess a current Physical Therapy Assistant license from the state seeking practice if required. BLS certification required.
Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job.
Patient care equipment, and therapeutic modalities. Copier, multi-line/multi-feature telephone, fax machine, computer, pager, and miscellaneous office equipment. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
For Banner Registry and Travel positions a minimum of one year experience working as a Therapy Asst is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.