Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Bring your passion of working as an EEG/END Technologist to this small, family and goal achieving office, where the staff knows what their expectations are and works together as a team to complete day to day functions. In this role you will be assisting providers with EEG's & EMG's, gather patient's medical history and take vitals, explain testing procedures, and prepare the patient for the procedure. Monitors the patient's status and notes any abnormalities during testing, scheduling appointments, assisting with phone calls and stocking and maintaining exam rooms.
Our dynamic and growing neuroscience practice, includes neurology, neurosurgery, neuropsychology and diagnostic testing. You will have the opportunity to work with nationally recognized physicians leading the way in stroke and trauma care (2018 American Heart Association Stroke Award).We have a great small team that count on each other to make each day successful. All staff is willing to jump in and help each other. This clinic also does a lot of group activities, and they do special recognition programs for each other. The medical assistants are cross trained at this clinic which makes them invaluable.
Location: We have two adult Neuro Clinics in the East Valley (Banner Baywood Adult Neuro - 6553 E. Baywood Ave, Mesa, AZ 85206 & Banner Desert Adult Neuro - 1520 S. Dobson Rd., Ste. 203, Mesa, AZ 85202) - Must be available for travel between both locations - Mondays and Wednesdays at our Baywood location for EMG clinic and Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays at our Desert location preforming EEG's. Schedule subject to changes.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs standard and complex prescribed electroencephalographic and evoked potentials procedures to patients. This position analyzes data during the recording, making certain that the information being obtained is valid and interpretable.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs prescribed standard and complex electroencephalographic and evoked potential procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
2. Analyzes, identifies and documents procedures as outlined by departmental policies and procedures to maximize patient outcome.
3. Ensures an accurate and readable recording using deductive reasoning to trouble shoot minor problems and make adjustments as needed during the procedure.
4. Collects and/or reviews pertinent medical, historical, and medication information in order to perform the appropriate study prescribed by the physician as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
5. Assists in nerve conduction velocity procedures, where applicable in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
6. Assists with activities to improve department processes, facilitate testing and maintain quality to achieve optimal patient results.
7. Assists in scheduling of patients, charge entry and maintains equipment as outlined by department policies and procedures.
8. Independently performs prescribed routine and complex electroencephalographic and evoked potentials procedures to patients. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
Requires Registration in Electroencephalography with the American Board of Registered Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (ABRET).
This position requires EEG and Evoked Potentials knowledge typically achieved with three years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, advanced mathematical skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.