As a leading provider of senior care, Kline Galland offers talented and committed individuals an extraordinary opportunity to experience an exciting and rewarding career with room to grow. Join the best of the best!
We are looking to enhance our amazing Development team with a Director of Fund Development. This position will be responsible for creating and implementing the Annual fund solicitation strategy as well as designing and implementing a comprehensive plan for developing and expanding our philanthropic support. We are looking for someone who has great passion and enthusiasm for senior care and Jewish causes as well as knowledge of Jewish culture and community.
If you are creative, strategic and work well with a team to ensure the fund development program is carried out in keeping with Kline Galland’s mission and values, please read on.
The skills we’re seeking:
· Ability to drive tasks to completion, to rely on problem solving and troubleshooting skills, to manage workflow, and to anticipate time to accomplish ad hoc tasks.
· Experienced to identify, recruit, train and supervise development volunteers
· Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
· An overall positive attitude is expected, with a decisive and collaborative approach to decision-making.
· Possess political savvy, integrity, and discretion with managing working relationships with board members, donors and professional staff.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions consistent with Kline Galland mission and core values
· The ability to gain new skills and knowledge necessary for the performance of essential job functions. The ability to give, receive and analyze information.
· Past experience with utilizing CRM programs.
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
· Ability to meet consistent attendance.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to interact with colleagues, supervisors and customers face to face.
· Must have strong and confident interpersonal skills; the poise, and mental acuity to gain and hold the attention of individuals having influence
· High level of comfort and ability navigating digital programs, systems, and processes.
Your key responsibilities will be:
· Create an Annual Giving program - An essential part of the position will be to build the number of current donors, increase their engagement and expand our community network.
· Brand the Annual Fund to capture the attention of KG donors and prospects.
· Partner with board members and other fundraising volunteers to identify new donors of means, leveraging networks and relationships of volunteers to develop new affinity groups.
· Design and implement a major gift society.
· Develop strategic briefing materials to aid our team in their prospect and donor development efforts
· Develop highly personalized donor communications including proposals, impact reports and general program updates, etc…
· Oversee cultivation and stewardship activities, to include virtual and in-person-functions;
If you feel you may be a great fit for our team, please apply so we can meet you and share why we are so proud of Kline Galland and passionate about what we do.
And we have some great benefits!
Eligible employees have the opportunity to enroll in a wide variety of benefit options.
· Comprehensive Medical Plan
· Dental Plan
· Vision Plan
· Employee Assistance Program
· Plentiful PPE and outstanding infection control
· Paid Sick Leave
· Increased Pay on Holidays
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee Hardship Interest-free loan program
· Paid Vacation and holidays
· Long-Term Service Recognition
· Team Member Referral Bonuses
· Training on-line and on-the-job
· Educational Scholarships
· 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance
Plus the stability of a 108 year stellar reputation.
Kline Galland is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you join our team you will need:
· Bachelors degree required – Masters preferred.
· 3-5 years of professional development experience in a nonprofit organization.
· Ability to use a CRM system, similar to Blackbaud Raisers Edge NXT.
About Kline Galland
Kline Galland is a Seattle-based, full-service senior health care resource. For over 108 years, Kline Galland has served the King County senior care needs. Kline Galland’s mission is driven by Jewish values that honor aging by providing exceptional senior care delivered by exceptional people. Today Kline Galland serves over 15,000 residents, patients and family members yearly. Kline Galland is the trusted partner of over 60 community referral programs and remains Washington State’s only hospice operated within a Jewish environment, and hosts the largest Transitional Care/Rehab unit in the state of Washington.