Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
Join our Medical Imaging Department at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center and be part of our amazing team of professionals. We are a full service Medical Imaging Department offering Radiography, Ultrasound, Special Procedures, MRI, CT, PET/CT, Nuclear Medicine to Inpatients, Outpatients and Emergency patient populations. We strive to provide the best care and best service to our customers.
The Medical Imaging Department consists of 7 x-ray imaging rooms (GE, Carestream, Fuji, GE and Philips). Our state-of-the-art Level 1 Trauma Facility, PICU, NICU, and CVICU specializes in high level care to pediatric, neonatal patients, ortho, cardiac, neuro and radiation oncology. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn advanced skills in Trauma, Surgery, and Pediatrics.
We also encourage team member growth and give them opportunities to obtain Advanced Certifications through cross-train into Interventional Radiology, MRI, or CT.
As a Registered Radiologic Technologist, you will have the opportunity to participate in the care of a variety of patients presenting with a multitude of complex issues. This includes trauma patients, general OR, orthopedic, and vascular surgery, in the new state of the art Hybrid OR. Banner Thunderbird also prides itself in the treatment offered in the PICU and NICU Units as well as offering a variety of in and out-patient exams. You will have the ability to learn advanced trauma skills in this high volume, fast paced environment. Our dedicated Medical Imaging staff are actively involved in department shared leadership and facility wide committees. Our staff can also participate in offered advanced certifications in different areas, as the opportunities become available, this includes possible cross training in MRI, IR, CT and Hybrid OR. Take the next step of your Medical Imaging career and join our amazing Medical Imaging Team where our diverse team delivers professional and compassionate care.
Come Join our Medical Imaging Team at Banner Thunderbird. We are interviewing new graduates and experienced Radiologic Technologists. We currently have multiple Full and Part Time Radiologic Technologists positions open for Day, Evening and Weekend Shifts.
Enjoy flat rate of $3/hour weekend shift differential and an 18% night shift differential when applicable.
***$5,000 for an experienced Radiology Technologist , must have 12 months of RT experience and must sign a 12-month agreement to stay at Banner Health. If the employee accepts the agreement and separates from Banner prior to 12 months, the employee will be responsible for repayment.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs radiographic procedures and analysis according to departmental guidelines. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed as well as risk factors and prevention. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department by performing other duties as assigned. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited school of Radiology program.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 1 year of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.