The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Do you want to make an impact? Do you want to make a difference? Do you want a rewarding profession? If you have answered yes to these questions then I ask you to come join our Sterile Processing Department at Banner Desert Medical Center's Level 1 trauma hospital. Being part of the SPD team puts you in an environment that supports patient care and allows you to continue to grow within the Banner family and as a Lead Sterile Processing Tech, you will have a direct impact on the department and the growth of other techs. You will provide services in the decontamination and sterile processing areas whenever monitoring of sterilizers is needed. As the Sterile Processing Lead you will collaborate with OR staff to provide sterile instruments and equipment needed for operative procedures. You will be assisting with ongoing inventory of sterile supplies, equipment, schedule completion and communication for the department. In this role, you will perform duties in an independent manner with little or no supervision. As the Subject Matter Expect, you will have thorough knowledge of instrumentation, equipment and supplies. If your ready for the next step in your career apply now.
HOURS: Monday-Friday from 10:00am- 6:30pm with a call rotation.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for prioritizing, inventory and coordinating activities associated with a specific service line. Develop, implement, and manage an effective, cost-contained system for the procurement, processing and distribution of medical supplies, equipment and instruments for assigned service line.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. May perform all duties of the departmental technicians, as needed.
2. Applies judgment in determining the priority level of instrumentation and equipment requests for a specific specialty service line or shift. Recommends scheduling of procedures based on equipment and instrument needs to ensure effective patient flow
3. Coordinates with department staff in assuring service line priorities are met and completed in a timely manner.
4. Possesses in-depth knowledge of service line/shift and precepts new employees at all levels regarding service line with respect to specific issues and troubleshooting.
5. Oversees assigned service line in a competent and professional manner. Investigates, proposes solutions, follows through with issues from various department staff such as sterile processing, OR, floors, and ED to ensure safe effective patient care. Confirms problem resolution
6. Responsible for reviewing current and future OR schedules, projects future equipment and instrument needs, and ensures instruments will be processed and ready
7. Inventories instrumentation and trays for service line and orders appropriate replacements or additional depending on usage. Collaborates with OR Manager on number of tray sets and instruments needed.
8. Departmental responsibility. Incumbent assists the Operating Room and other areas in the procurement of medical supplies, instruments, and sterile processing issues. Internal customers are other company staff, physicians, patients, visitors, managers, and executives. External customers are vendors, patients, visitors, other facilities, and non-company medical facilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires national certification as a SPD Technician, Certified Registered Central Service Technician or Surgical Instrument Processor.
Requires proficiency level typically acquired with 2 years of sterile processing experience including knowledge of surgical instrumentation, patient related supplies, materials and equipment, aseptic and sterilization techniques. Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble. Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to break down moving parts, clean, lubricate and reassemble, problem solve incomplete trays and missing instrumentation and have effective organizational, communication and human relation skills as the incumbent will be coordinating several projects simultaneously and working closely with all levels of staff.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous leadership experience and computer skills are preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.