Key Matrix Relationships: Camp Hope LVT Team, Building North Texas Manager, Grant Writer and Volunteer Coordinator
External Relationships: Apartment Managers, Churches of Hope personnel, Staff at Area Schools, LVT RISE staff, Academy 4 staff, other area organizations and volunteers
Job Summary: To lead and grow the Education & Career Development (E&CD) program (run in concert with the Basic Assistance Program ) directed primarily to adult household decisions makers helping them through coaching sessions and classes achieve higher levels of self-sufficiency while at the same time grown closer to Jesus. Work together with the Camp Hope LVT & Building North Texas teams to promote E&CD program. This individual will be actively involved in a local church and his/her life will reflect a walk with Christ that brings honor and glory to God.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Implement Education & Career Development program and ensure its success
• Learn and master the ways in which the Basic Assistance and Education & Career Development programs work together to help adult decision makers achieve greater levels of self-sufficiency
• Put into place Education & Career Development program based upon one-on-one coaching sessions and group classes.
• Work closely with Basic Assistance Leader to coordinate programs and activities with those ongoing in Basic Assistance.
• Meet regularly with participants in Education & Career Development to identify roadblocks and build a Plan of Action which will help them set a pathway to greater self-sufficiency
• Build excellent relationships with area apartment managers
• Coordinate efforts with the Camp Hope LVT & Building North Texas Programs to build synergy
• Help recruit, train, oversee and encourage volunteers to assist in the ministry
2. ?Partner with other like programs in the LVT community, promote WFWCOH programs, understand services offered and build relationships with key leaders in the area
3. Enter data into WFW DATABASE to ensure data integrity
4. Provide brief monthly reports on highlights of the program, including expenses and the issues and victories encountered during that month
1) Background: 3 to 5 years of experience in social work and/or community ministry is ideal; or in a similar community outreach position with a nonprofit or church
2) A compassionate heart for serving people in need
3) Proven ability to work following a plan with efficiency, flexibility, and Christian values
4) Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential
5) Passionate about Center of Hope mission and impact
6) Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings
7) Self-starter, able to remain focused under pressure and meet timelines
8) Bilingual (English & Spanish) is a plus
Work Week Expectation:
This is a full-time in-office position of 30 to 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday, with flexibility. Events are scheduled at times on Saturdays and on evenings during the week. Attendance at Camp Hope LVT sessions is required and is included in total hours worked.