The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better.
Come be a part of the future of Medical imaging. BUMCP is the University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix primary training, research and clinical site. We host Medical Student and non-radiology Resident/Fellow teaching. Medical Imaging has Numerous Clinical trials and research projects. Banner System-wide technologist training program is offered at this facility. We have been approved for a residency program - IR/DR residency Match March 2022.
This position organizes the radiologist's day, watches PACS system and assigns cases to be read (ER/In patient/outpatient, watches procedures that need to be done and assigns to radiologist and arranges for cases to be sent to RadPartners for interpretation as needed. Utilizes Fugi Synapse and Cerner Millennium. We are seeking experience in radiology and hospital information systems.
This part time 24 hr/week is a weekend shift Sat & Sun 8am-4:30pm.
University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for maintaining order in the radiology reading room in order to facilitate the timely and efficient review and report dictation by the radiologist. Continually prioritizes the radiologist's workload making sure that emergency exams take precedence and ensuring that the radiologist has minimal disruptions in order to continually read films. Responds to pages, phone calls and keeps disruptions to a minimum. Maintains strict confidentiality of patient information and ensures that company policies and procedures are continually adhered to.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Ensures that all current and previous studies are loaded and linked for electronic reading including the digitizing and loading of outside films onto the radiologist's workstation.
2. Ensures radiologist has all paperwork needed for each exam, including previous reports, history sheets, temp reports, contrast forms and worksheets. Appropriately prioritizes exams for radiologist.
3. Reviews exam and history forms for thoroughness and accuracy prior to presentation to the radiologist in order to not impede case flow.
4. Process/follow-up on paperwork after dictation by radiologist. Facilitate physician contact when discussion of critical values is required by radiologist. Fax reports as requested.
5. Monitors physician report queues, adjusts radiologist's workload as necessary, and assist radiologist in signing reports in a timely manner. Hand out plain films for reading as required.
6. Utilizes and maintains efficiency on several computer applications as needed in order to assist the radiologist in attaining optimal daily workflow.
7. This position assists in the operations of the medical imaging department. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Knowledge of basic medical terminology and human anatomy required. Proficiency in keyboarding and computer, multi-line phone system skills required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS One (1) year previous experience in a hospital or Radiology environment, or equivalent experience preferred. The ability to distinguish between various types of medical imaging exams and previous PACS experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.