Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Our leadership team prides itself on support and teamwork approach while ensuring a strong focus on growth and mentoring. Our vision is to provide our staff an environment to thrive and create an exceptional patient experience!
This is a Full Time, Mid Shift position: 11:00A-7:30P
It is a 3 week rotating schedule (work 2 weekends, get one off - days throughout each week will vary and then repeat).
Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Banner Casa Grande Medical Center is a 150+ bed acute-care hospital located midway between Phoenix and Tucson, Ariz. The communities around Banner Casa Grande are experiencing significant growth and our hospital is growing with it. In the past five years, a $25 million expansion was completed. Departmental renovations and updates are ongoing, the newest addition being our Interventional Cardiology program. As the newest addition to Banner Health, one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, you'll have access to a vast network of colleagues and expanded access to career opportunities.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans daily food production for assigned areas and produces all food items based on information obtained from production sheets, cafe menus, catering requests, and any other approved source.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Prepares all food items according to standardized recipes. Adjusts recipe quantities for correct yields. Notifies supervisor of any problems relating to production.
2. Plans food production timing and quantities in accordance with the daily orders, menu tally sheets and production assignments. In the event of shortage, determines menu substitutions for regular and cafe menus. Consults with diet tech or dietician for menu substitution needs for special diets.
3. Minimizes food waste with appropriate planning and tracking. Records food shortages and excess quantities in accordance with department procedure.
4. Checks and logs food and equipment temperatures and reports any problems to the supervisor. Reads thermometers and follows safety requirements.
5. Maintains par levels of food and supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks freshness dates.
6. Keeps assigned work areas clean and in an orderly manner. Reports all needed equipment repair.
7. May receive and check in deliveries from vendors and in menu planning. May also oversee production quality when needed.
8. Works under general supervision. Provides leadership and knowledge in cooking and food preparation skills to other members of the kitchen staff. Has primarily inter-department responsibility. May deal with external customers in cafe or catering work assignments.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
This position requires the knowledge and abilities in institutional food production normally acquired with two or more years of similar work experience in production cooking, plus a solid understanding of cooking principles, menu substitutions and modified recipes for all commonly prescribed diets. Must have skills and demonstrated abilities in hot food production and the use of all required commercial kitchen equipment. Must be able to learn and follow established policies and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, communicate effectively, perform math calculations regarding recipe weights and amounts plus calculate amounts of food for necessary production. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must be able to perform tasks within limited time frames and follow production and cleaning schedules plus use chemicals safely. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
All onsite food service equipment including stoves, ovens, steam-jacketed kettles, tilt skillet, broiler, steam table, grill, deep fryer, slicer, Buffalo Chopper, mixer, food carts, dish racks, cleaning equipment and hazardous chemicals used in cleaning and sanitation.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.