Position Title: Program Support Specialist, Family Medicine
Posting Number: R2100149
Employer: Research Foundation
Salary Range: $41,000 - $43,000
Assist in the successful completion of New York State AHEC System health workforce development projects via:
advocacy and support service
serve as the support role for the Rural Communities Opioid Response Program (RCORP)
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY's most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management, Education, Communications or Marketing degree, Public Health or related field; in lieu of degree, minimum 4 years related experience required.
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint). · Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including public speaking, public relations and ability to facilitate informational sessions. · Strong networking and presentation facilitation skills. · Solid experience with program promotion and advocacy. · Excellent people skills including an ability to work with all levels of staff including entry level administrative assistants, AHEC Center Directors and large nonprofit Executives. · Ability to work with a diverse constituency including academic students and faculty, centers and regional offices, community partners, funders and government officials.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
· Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and in a team.
· Interest in workforce development and health professions education.
· Willingness to take initiative and desire to learn new skills.
· Ability to travel frequently throughout NYS in support of the AHEC System.
· Knowledge or experience in graphic design programs desired
· Strong knowledge and understanding of communication platforms including digital media and social media tools.
· Experience in developing online content across multiple platforms including blogs, web sites, and social media.
· Strong independent performer, works well in fast paced environment, with exceptional focus to detail and follow-through skills for timely task completion.
· Prior experience with events planning and management.
· Prior experience with the development of program promotional correspondence, presentations and information.
· Academic setting experience preferred, not required.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowl¬edge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society.