Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Counselor position at the Whole Health Clinic has the opportunity to work with a dynamic team where no day is like the previous day. Team members inspire each other to work their best and achieve their professional goals.
The ideal candidate would have prior experience working in the public behavioral health field in the Tucson community. This includes working with a high volume caseload in a fast past clinic environment. This is a part time position and requires an LPC or LCSW.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides clinical assessment and psychotherapy services for defined patient population. Services are provided to patients, families and/or groups and may be in both inpatient, residential, and outpatient settings. Position provides treatment in one or more of the following areas: substance abuse, emotional and behavioral issues, eating disorders and other mental disorders as outlined in the "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders" (DSM).
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides assessment and direct psychotherapy to individuals, families, and groups. Coordinates all aspects of patient care from admission to discharge, interacting with the physician and other members of the clinical treatment team to provide quality patient care.
2. Provides education and orientation for patients, families and others to assigned treatment program to aid in therapeutic process. Collaborates with the patient in the development of a written treatment plan. Includes patient and family involvement in assessment, treatment, education and discharge planning.
3. Monitors patients on an ongoing basis to continually assess needs and facilitate treatment and interventions. Documents clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment plan, diagnostic summaries, and progress charting in a timely manner to assure comprehensive and quality patient care.
4. Actively participates as member of the multidisciplinary treatment team and maintains effective working relationships with physicians and peers.
5. May provide clinical updates to representatives of managed care to assure coordination and reimbursement of treatments services. May conduct cognitive testing and document results.
6. Coordinates with community based providers to assure optimal levels of care post discharge and to maximize treatment outcomes.
7. Provides critical assessments and appropriate treatment plan; Manages and provides direct care of patients in behavioral health treatment program (may be specialty area or across disciplines). Monitors, reassesses and documents treatment programs. Interacts with patients, families, groups, all levels of clinical staff in assigned program, physicians. External contacts include managed care providers, community resources, and referral agencies.
Requires a Master's degree in counseling, behavioral health, or a related human services field, or educational requirement as mandated by state board in order to obtain licensure in field of specialty.
Behavioral Health Licensure or working toward licensure in field of specialty as mandated by state board or regulatory agency. Depending on area of focus, may require a License in Clinical Social Work (LCSW) as mandated by state board.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 2 years experience in a behavioral health setting. Requires ability to work with a diverse population along with interpersonal skills and knowledge required in treating patients in area of assigned specialty.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or BTMC Behavioral must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Behavioral Health Licensure is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.