You have a place in the health care industry. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
Banner Alzheimer Institute is looking for a Bioinformatics Analyst with 5 years of experience in complex data environments. The team is hardworking, motivated, and collaborative. If you have experience with data analysis, pipeline development, and report writing, apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Alzheimer's Institute (BAI) was established in 2006 as Banner Health's first Center of Excellence. Banner Health is one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the United States. Our team is uniquely, passionately and strategically committed to ending Alzheimer's without losing another generation and to providing an unparalleled model of care for families facing this devastating disease. BAI is committed to improving people's lives through excellent patient care and advances that capitalize on the best biomedical research. We intend to make a transformational difference in Alzheimer's research and care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides expertise on moderate and complex system applications and leads project teams. This includes analyzing data and building complex reports and/or data repositories and other presentation materials. The incumbent must have significant knowledge about cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership. This position is responsible for and/or participates in creating data definitions, validating data, retrieving data from systems, merging data from multiple sources, participating or reviewing technical documentation, report configuration, creating training materials and facilitating or leading cross functional teams through projects and/or issues to achieve desired results.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Participates in cross-functional teams and/or leads projects with regional or enterprise-wide scope to implement system changes. This may also include providing oversight, change management, general work direction or leadership to individuals on team. Conducts regular meetings with stake holders and uploads necessary documents to the SharePoint site.
2. Performs analysis of customer needs. Manages and supports the identification and research of new developments and uses of current systems and applications, as well as upgraded systems and applications to meet customer needs. Data may include, but are not limited to; online applications, electronic forms, moderate to complex reports.
3. Serves as a liaison and expert resource for displaying of data in reporting, and availability of data.
4. Maintains optimal operation of departmental reports in partnership with IT or external software vendor, as appropriate. This may include leading the implementation, maintenance, testing and/or functional design.
5. Keeps current on industry, standards and regulatory/compliance issues within assigned areas. Provides system and reporting consultation on these issues to customers.
6. Creates presentations and/or reports for management involving significant analysis of multiple or complex data sources.
7. Develops interrelationships among partners and customers who might have similar information needs and manages those relationships to assure effective solutions.
8. Write queries using SQL and develop reports.
9. This position makes decisions using policies and guidelines, but must demonstrate expertise in applying solution to non-standard or routine situations.
Must possess a strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in a related business discipline or computer science.
A level of experience as would typically be obtained in no less than 5 years working with complex data environments or systems. Must demonstrate ability to lead project or cross-functional teams to resolve, implement or reach consensus on issues. Advanced business or clinical knowledge and demonstrated ability to utilize technical skills to resolve organizational needs.
Excellent working knowledge of typical word processing, SQL, spreadsheet and/or database applications is required. Strong organizational skills, as well as, excellent oral and written communication and human relation skills are required.
Experience with department specific software (Cerner, NextGen, Centricity, Peribirth, TSI, and Quality Advisor), including advanced integrated or independent report writing applications. Experience with SAS or SSRS.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.