The National Tooling and Machining Association (NTMA) is a US-based membership trade association with the collective power of 1100 thriving tool & die and precision manufacturing companies. NTMA’s mission is to help members of the U.S. precision custom manufacturing industry achieve profitable growth and business success in a global economy through education, technology, networking, programs and services. The Florida West Coast Chapter of the NTMA currently has a dozen regular members, plus local associate members, and serves Pinellas, Hillsborough, Sarasota, Pasco, and Manatee Counties. Ideally, this person lives in/around those specific areas. While the position is remote, you will be interacting with members at their business from time to time. Safety is our top priority and all COVID-19 safety protocols should be followed and adhered to. Remote works means you have your own internet, computer, and resources to be successful in this position.
This is a 1099, independent contractor position. You are responsible for your own taxes and will be provided with a 1099 at the end of each year. There will be approximately 40 hours of work per month on average with some months being busier than others. This will increase as the chapter grows and engagement increases.
Position Summary: Provide strategic and operational leadership to ensure that the mission, goals and objectives of the Chapter are achieved in an efficient and cost-effective manner. In collaboration with, and under the general vision set forth by the board of directors, provides hands-on management of all areas of the Chapter including membership value and development, board recruitment and development, finance and accounting, internal and external communication, coordination and communication with National NTMA, planning and facilitating all board and membership meetings, technology, and public relations. Regular visits with members and prospects are a priority (permitting it is safe to do during COVID-19). This position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate must be a proven self-starter willing to take responsibility of growing and servicing our chapter under the guidance of Chapter leadership. The successful candidate will also be able to take direction, to be innovative, to be interested in making suggestions to improve programs, and to be creative in promoting membership and engagement. Non-profit, foundation, or association experience is required. Please include this experience in your cover letter when submitting your resume.
* Arrange, organize, and actively participate in Board of Director Meetings which will take place in person. All COVID-19 safety protocols will be adhered to.
* Arrange, organize, promote, and actively participate in Membership Meetings and Chapter activities. These include evenings and once in a while, weekend work.
* Some Accounting and financial management in coordination with the Treasurer
* Maintain website, social media, email, and other technology
* Drive membership growth and engagement with direction and collaboration from the board.
* Recruit and engage Associate Members with direction and collaboration from the board.
* Coordinate with National NTMA, participate in Chapter Executive calls, potentially attend National events, and report back to the board on NTMA developments.
* Communicate/promote National NTMA information and activities to the Board of Directors and Membership
* Chapter administration (check mail, provide timely and professional customer service, coordinate with Board of Directors, prepare and distribute meeting minutes, etc.) Follow up, consistent & constant communication, and the ability to be a connector are vital to being successful in this role.
* Solicit content and create and distribute monthly newsletter
* Assist in training of new Board Members and maintaining Governance standards
Interview process- Qualified candidates will go through a two-part interview process. The first interview will be done by a task force including the president, treasurer, and interim chapter executive. Second interviews will be conducted by the full board. Upon an offer, a 1099 contract will be signed by both parties.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About Florida West Coast Chapter of the NTMA
The National Tooling and Machining Association represesents the precision custom manufacturing industry nationwide. The Florida West Coast chapter of the NTMA draws its members from Hillsborough, Pasco, Sarasota and Pinellas Counties. Our members range from one-person machine shops to companies with over one hundred employees, engaged in the design and manufacture of special tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, gauges, special machines and precision-machined parts.