Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Coordinator position at the Whole Health Clinic has the opportunity to work with a dynamic team where no day is like the previous day. Team members inspire each other to work their best and achieve their professional goals.
The ideal candidate would have prior experience working in the public behavioral health field in the Tucson community. This includes working with a high volume caseload in a fast past clinic environment.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position serves on an Adult Recovery Team (ART) assigned to each patient and acts as the primary point of contact for all ART participants to facilitate meetings and follow-up recommendations to ensure continuity of care and service delivery. This position assists facilitating a patient focused approach to member care providing personal assistance and skills training and other supportive services, to assist patients in improving their behavioral health and wellness. Assists patients in finding and securing personal, organizational, and community resources.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs on-going assessment of needs and service intensity for members, using identified tools.
2. Assist patients and participants of ART to develop a service plan and coordinates scheduling and availability of services and ensures the patients remains engaged in services. Motivates and educates members to take charge of their wellness and create lasting lifestyle changes.
3. Attends and participates in team meetings, clinical staffing (as needed), court hearings, and other meetings relevant to meeting the treatment needs of patients.
4. Provides referrals to outside providers and community resources in accordance with HIPAA policies.
5. Completes progress notes, other patient record documents and writes comprehensive and timely reports in accordance with agency and funding source guidelines.
6. Assists in coordinating and planning out of home placements and discharges.
7. Ability to accurately read, record and interpret information, including assessments, measures, and diagnostic criteria.
8. Completes all required training by licensing, agency, and funding source or as requested by supervisor and participates in individual and team clinical supervision.
9. Has freedom to determine how best to accomplish functions within established procedures and best practices. Works under the clinical supervision of a Behavioral Health Professional for a minimum of two hours a week. All assessments and progress notes must be approved by the licensed BHP team lead. Provides services to patients enrolled with the Regional Behavioral Health Authority. Requires communication and coordination with the Crisis Response Center, medical providers, Behavioral Health Inpatient providers, law enforcement, courts, other Behavioral Health agencies, the RBHA, and other county, State, and governmental agencies.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must have 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health completed no more than four years before the date the individual begins providing behavioral health services and two years of full time behavioral health work experience; or four years of full time behavioral work experience
Employees working at the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Bachelor's degree and at least one year of full time behavioral health experience or has an Associate's degree and at least two years of full time behavioral health work experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R20503
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.