Job ID: 2020-7623 Type: NYU Tandon School of Engineering (PE1001) # of Openings: 1 Category: Development/Sponsored Research/Grant Writing New York University
The Grants Manager will be responsible for managing the administrative and financial requirements of the C2SMART Center for the seamless execution of its grants and related activities. The Grants Manager will work with project principal investigators to appoint staff/students to positions on their respective grants, plan and consistently track their effort, and enter/track all expenses and charges to various budget accounts. The Grants Manager will also be the primary executor of procurement activities, transactions with the University’s administrative systems, and other incoming and outgoing transactions. This position will work closely with other University administrative units such as Human Resources, Sponsored Programs, Financial Officers, and others, to ensure that Center staff needs and financial requirements are being consistently tracked and supported per sponsor and University requirements. This position reports directly to C2SMART Center leadership but will also work under the direction of NYU Tandon’s Director of Office of Sponsored Programs and is part of the extended NYU Tandon Grant management team.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, business, administration, or a related field.
Required Experience: At least 5 years of experience in grant management at a University, research institution, or similar.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: • Familiarity with University or nonprofit budgeting, tracking, and other procedures and requirements.
• Ability to understand, execute, and track grant and contractual requirements towards ensuring financial compliance with sponsor requirements.
• Organization skills to manage and execute several concurrent transactions with a high degree of accuracy, including the ability to troubleshoot problems.
• A very strong attention to detail to ensure financial information is accurate, and all transactions are
• Project management focus to implement and monitor a complex set of deliverables.
• Database management will be required to track deliverables and deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – for communication with internal stakeholders as well as external project sponsors and partners.
• Ability to identify problems and their root cause in order to recommend the appropriate solution.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: • Experience in working with academic units and faculty/students.
• Knowledge of NYU financial and administrative systems.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/nyugreen.
Founded in 1831, New York University is now one of the largest private universities in the United States. Of the more than 3,000 colleges and universities in America, New York University is one of only 60 member institutions of the distinguished Association of American Universities.