The James Madison Institute is growing our team and seeking an executive assistant and office manager. This position will report directly to JMI’s President and Executive Vice President.
This is position based in our Tallahassee office.
- Maintain a well-organized calendar for the Presidents daily tasks/meetings
- Ability to communicate with Board members, assistants, and donors to schedule meetings and conference calls as needed/directed
- Provide administrative support to Institute executive staff
- Assist with errands for the President as needed/directed
- Assist with Institute errands as needed/directed
- Answer the phones and greet guests at the front door
- Perform general word processing and clerical duties
- Order and maintain supplies for the office and kitchen
- Maintain kitchen and supply room organization
- Assist with contacting building maintenance/repair vendors as needed/directed
- Ensure all office equipment is functioning and contact technical support as needed/directed
- Assist with checking post office box, sorting mail, and dropping off outgoing mail
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Health and retirement benefits available
- Paid holidays, annual leave and medical leave
Qualified candidates should submit the following:
Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position/mission of the organization and your salary requirements
Materials should be emailed to JMI’s Executive Vice President Becky Liner at email@example.com with the subject line: “Executive Assistant/Office Manager.” While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.