We are looking for a Certified Nurse Midwife to join our established team of OB/GYN Health Practitioners. At our Women’s Health Center in South Omaha, we care for a mostly Spanish-speaking Latina population that is low-risk and family-oriented. We provide patient-centered, full-scope midwifery and women’s health care across the lifecycle. Inpatient services include OB triage, Labor and Delivery, and Postpartum rounding. Our midwives share call within a team of nine, with rotating weekend and holiday call coverage. Our deliveries are done at Creighton University/Bergan Mercy Medical Center where our collaborating physicians, residents, and nurses are all supportive and respectful of the midwifery model of care. As a midwife at OneWorld, you’ll work with an integrated Behavioral Health and Social Work team. We offer Centering Pregnancy classes to our patients, and programs to assist with newborn items, car seats, and pack-and-plays. OneWorld is a collaborative group of midwives, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pediatricians and family practice physicians who work together to promote breastfeeding, positive parenting, and healthy living.
This is a full-time position located on our main campus in South Omaha (30th & L.) The clinic schedule will be 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri. There will also be rotating OB call that will include some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
If you want to apply your unique skillset to a diverse, caring, growing nonprofit that serves 50.,000+ patients, please apply.
You canmake a difference – in your life and the lives of others.
OneWorld Community Health Centers, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all hiring and employment practices. We are committed to equal treatment for all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, pregnancy and any other basis protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Master’s degree in Nursing (MN/MSN) from an accredited Midwifery program required.
License to practice as an APRN-Certified Nurse Midwife in the state of Nebraska required. (Or license eligible.)
Current certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB) required.
BLS certification required.
Proficiency in both English and Spanish required. (Our midwives must be able to communicate with patients in Spanish, at an intermediate level at least, without the use of an interpreter.)
Additional Salary Information: Salary is negotiable based on experience. New grads start at $85,000.
Internal Number: 548
About 4930 South 30th Street, Omaha, Nebraska 68107
OneWorld Community Health Centers was established in 1970 as a volunteer-staffed free clinic to provide patients with financial, cultural and linguistic barriers better access to quality health care services. Nearly half a century later, OneWorld is the largest provider of primary health care services in South Omaha, and we are the only primary care clinic in the area with a majority bilingual and bicultural staff, a sliding fee scale for patients without insurance, entitlement enrollment, on-site dental, pharmacy, behavioral health care, vision and other services.
OneWorld Community Health Centers, Inc. is a Federally Qualified Heath Center with 13 clinical locations in the Omaha metro area. OneWorld is accredited by the Joint Commission, certified as a Level III Patient Centered Medical Home by the NCQA (the highest level possible,) and is a National Health Service Corps (NHSC) site.
All of the employees at OneWorld are united by a common desire to help the community. Our combined abilities allow OneWorld to be a place where children, families and individuals can turn for care.
By working together, we have achieved clinical outcomes that ran...k among the best of the 1,400+ community health centers in the nation. We work hard to provide high-quality health care to the communities we serve, and our efforts are recognized on local, state and national levels.
FEEL FREE TO BE YOURSELF AT WORK.
Working for OneWorld isn’t just a career choice—it’s a lifestyle. When our employees come to work, they don’t leave their personalities, cultures, languages or differences at the door. We celebrate diversity, and we work to make OneWorld a comfortable environment for everyone.
WHEN YOU WORK WITH US, WE'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU.
Our benefits include:
• Health Insurance with 3 options
• Domestic Partner Benefits
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401k Retirement Savings Plan (up to 4.5% match, employees are 100% vested from day 1)
• Disability Insurance (no cost to employees)
• Life Insurance (no cost to employees)
• Dependent Life Insurance
• Supplemental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for Medical & Dependent Care
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Onsite Child Care
• Paid Time Off
• Sick Leave
• Paid Holidays (10 per year)
• Onsite Workout Facility
• Licensure & Credentialing Support
• Malpractice Insurance
• Continuing Education Support
• Leadership Training and Opportunities
• Life Skills Enrichment
Help us make a difference as OneWorld. One Community. One Healthcare Home.
• Top 2% ranking for clinical quality among the nation’s 1,400+ community health centers
• 2018 Best Places to Work in Omaha®
• 2018 Best Places to work for the Advancement of Women Award
• Integrity Award (Better Business Bureau)
• National Quality Leader and Health Center Quality Leader (HRSA)
• Hall of Fame 2018 Community Partner Award (South High School)
• 2018 Site of the Year (UNMC College of Pharmacy)
• Non-Profit of the Year (Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce)
• Organization of the Year (South Omaha Neighborhood Alliance)
• Community-Based Agency of the Year (South Omaha Community Care Council)
• Outstanding Non-Profit of the Year (Center for Reducing Health Disparities at UNMC)
• Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality (Human Rights Campaign)
• Otto Swanson Spirit of Service Award (Inclusive Communities)
• Hispanic Heritage Month Organization Award (Nebraska Latino American Commission)
• National Health Center Quality Improvement Awards (Health Resources and Services Administration)
• Greater Omaha Business Excellence Award (Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce)
• Silver Award of Distinction (Better Business Bureau)
• Bright Spot in Hispanic Education (President Barack Obama)
*Awarded to the Learning Community Center of South Omaha, operated by OneWorld Community Health Centers
• West Point Society Award for Service (West Point Society of Nebraska and Western Iowa)