Under the direction of the Membership Manager, the Membership Specialist is responsible for assisting with the daily operational aspects of the membership program and is the primary recipient of telephone calls from members. The Specialist performs operational, bookkeeping and clerical duties and tasks specific to the position.
An important and essential job function of the position is attitude which includes the following: interacting positively and cooperating with co-workers, responding politely to customers, working as a team member, functioning under periodic intense time pressure, and responding in a positive manner to supervision.
Benefit package: Retirement 7% with an option of 3% match in defined contribution plan. Employer pays for employee health, vision, and dental insurance. Dependents can be added at employee cost. Life insurance provided.
• Receives and responds to a variety of member communications via phone, email, mail and fax.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail, including bulk mailings.
• Performs data entry, runs queries and daily reports.
• Prepares and processes membership credentials, product order fulfillments, mailings and shipments.
• Interprets and processes membership applications, renewal notices and other program donations.
• Places weekly supply orders and conducts quarterly and year-end inventory.
• Maintains membership database.
• Prepares and makes bank deposits.
• Delivers and picks up mail from post offices.
• Provides backup front desk and phone coverage.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Professional Certification, or License
• Bookkeeping/accounting certification preferred but may be substituted by experience.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Valid Florida driver’s license.
• Two years of bookkeeping/accounting experience preferred.
• Membership or customer service experience.
• Proficiency of keyboarding 35 words per minute.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Payment processing policy and procedures.
• Membership policy and procedures.
• Member/Customer relationship management systems and Microsoft Office software.
• Manage multiple priority tasks.
• Filing and other organizational systems.
• Comprehension and decision-making.
• Read and write English using basic grammar; Spanish speaking and writing ability is a plus.
• Be a team player.
• Operate a motor vehicle.
• Comprehend and resolve problems.
• Lift 35 lbs.
• Detail oriented.
• Customer service.
About Florida Sheriffs Association
The mission of the Florida Sheriffs Association as a self-sustaining, charitable organization is to foster the effectiveness of the Office of Sheriff through leadership, education and training, innovative practices and legislative initiatives.
The Florida Sheriffs Association values integrity, fairness, commitment and accountability. Integrity is practiced by each of our members and the organizations they represent and we are committed to the protection of the Office of Sheriff and to our obligation to the citizens we serve. We practice fairness and accountability in our interactions with the members of our organizations, our citizens and the visitors to this state.