Under the direction of the Senior Director of Development, the Development Associate position will primarily focus on grant research, writing and reporting; direct mail and appeals; and cultivating individual and corporate donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine and achieve contributed income as detailed in the approved annual budget
- In conjunction with the Senior Director of Development, manage corporate and foundation grant writing, research, cultivation and solicitation efforts
- In conjunction with the Senior Director of Development, manage all appeals and individual gift strategy, including but not limited to wealth prospecting, gift solicitation, donor retention, donor acknowledgement, monthly giving and workplace giving.
- Create reports reflecting fundraising progress and effectiveness of current and past campaigns
- Work collaboratively with staff and volunteers to cultivate donors and solicit individual and corporate contributions
- Serve as a strong representative of the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois, its work, mission, programs and services
- Evening and weekend work required as needed, occasional travel to Chicago suburbs and other locations within Illinois for meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience required.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in nonprofit organization working with constituent relationship management required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising and development with specific experience in soliciting and securing donations from corporations, foundations and individuals required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in writing grants with a record of secured funding required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with DonorPerfect strongly preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with tremendous attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds
The National Kidney Foundation of Illinois improves the health and well-being of people at risk for or affected by kidney disease through prevention, education and empowerment.