About the Job: The Advancement Operations Associate reports to the Chief Development Officer and works closely with colleagues in Extension Communications and Extension Learning Technologies (ELT), as well as the University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF). This role bridges the needs of Extension’s volunteers and stakeholders, Extension faculty/staff, and Extension communicators -- implementing plans and programs that ensure stakeholders receive effective, appropriate, and timely communication from Extension and that their engagement with Extension is appropriately recorded.
This position is responsible for helping to manage Extension’s donor, alumni, constituent, and other stakeholder lists and promoting best practices in managing mass emails to external audiences. This person also will report on results of customer relations campaigns, make recommendations for more effective operations, and help train Extension’s SMC users to ensure effective results.
Participant, stakeholder, and donor data management – 80%
* Serve as Extension’s primary manager of data-flow between faculty/staff, the University’s Donor Management System (DMS), and Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SMC), and serve as the primary manager of Extension’s query and data-request needs to ensure data integrity and privacy expectations.
* Coordinate the gathering, recording, and reporting of information about Extension program alumni, signature event attendance, and donor demographics. Coordinate with Extension staff who maintain email address lists to track engagement in DMS and/or SMC. Initiate and manage relationships across Extension related to the collection and appropriate use of program alumni and stakeholder data.
* Define information/data to be collected and reported to evaluate engagement and advancement programming, services, and initiatives.
* Analyze and recommend ways to make mass email communications more efficient and effective.
* Manage queries of program alumni and donor data across Extension, including producing queries for both programmatic and giving communications.
* Produce meaningful metrics to track progress and effectiveness.
* Analyze data and metrics for giving and engagement trends, and to determine what data is needed to create a complete dataset. Perform data entry, and evaluate data for accuracy and integrity.
Annual giving communication – 20%
* Recommend goals and strategies for Extension's annual giving program. Collaborate with Extension's Chief Development Officer to position annual giving as an essential and integrated component of Extension's advancement strategy.
* Implement Extension's annual giving plan by writing messages and/or developing communications aligned with goals and strategies. Revise/update annual giving messages.
* Execute a multi-segment, multi-channel annual giving program for Extension programs and audiences.
* Work with UMF staff and Extension major gift officers to request queries and manage project deadlines, list segments, printing, and centralized mailings.
* Create and oversee the production of supplemental Extension solicitations including Give to the Max Day.
* Execute "best practice" fundraising through careful management, reporting, and analysis.
* Track and manage membership in Extension’s Dean’s Circle giving society.
BA/BS degree in marketing or related field or four (4) years combined equivalent education and work experience
Experience working with database information in a customer relations management system
Proficient with Google suite office tools
Proficient with mass emailing tools and mass email best practices
Program/project planning, execution, evaluation, and reporting experience
Experience working with a high degree of flexibility in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, goaloriented environment
At least two (2) years of relevant employment experience,
Experience working in a nonprofit or academic environment
Familiarity with the University of Minnesota’s Donor Management System (DMS) and SalesForce Marketing Cloud (SMC)
Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud software and principles of marketing/branding
Self-motivated and strong commitment to Extension and the University of Minnesota
Excellent verbal and written communication skills (writing and editing communications)
Creative thinking, collaborative style, and problem-solving skills
To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position. Please include the following attachments with your online application:
Resume which includes your qualifications based upon the job requirements
Three professional references with complete phone and email contact information. These can be added to your resume or uploaded as an additional document.
Additional documents may be attached after the application by accessing your “My Job Applications” page and uploading documents there.
To request an accommodation during the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612624-UOHR (8647).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
The University of Minnesota Extension shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Internal Number: 334565
About University of Minnesota Extension
University of Minnesota Extension is a major outreach arm of the University of Minnesota, a land grant institution with a mission to serve the public through applied research and education. The mission of Extension is to make a difference by connecting community needs and University resources to address critical issues in Minnesota. Learn more at www.extension.umn.edu.