1) The Alumni Relations Associate reports to the Senior Associate Director, Alumni Relations, and administers the day-to-day management of Alumni Relations â“ managing operations, events, accounting tasks by working with internal and external constituents, lists, communications, webpages, and logistics for alumni and student programs.
2) Manages program administration for alumni relations initiatives, including logistics for major events and coordination around alumni club programs.
3) Works with all members of the Alumni Relations team and serves as the central information hub for the team, located in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, and Hong Kong.
4) Manages back end event process for student-alumni and club programming which includes reviewing event information submissions, building registration in Cvent, webpage posting and updates, and day of event preparation.
5) Creates emails within the Marketo system and routes them through the required approvals.
6) Manages Alumni email inbox, responding or directing questions to appropriate team member.
7) Pulls simple reports from alumni database.
8) Manages event and alumni volunteer data tracking, including updates for the alumni database.
9) Tracks the budget and reconciles accounting transactions for Alumni Relations.
10) Serves as point person to the accounting department for event contract processing and payment.
11) Maintains Alumni Relations calendar.
12) Limited hours on evenings and weekends.
1) Proven commitment to customer service and the ability to anticipate the needs of others.
2) High attention to detail and follow-up, and excellent organizational skills.
3) Strong verbal and writing skills.
4) Manage confidential information with discretion and tact.
5) Fluency with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel (and Excel formulas), and PowerPoint.
6) Work collegially and collaboratively in a team setting.
7) Work independently and multi-task.
8) An exceptional work ethic and track record of personal initiative.
1) A minimum one year of work experience in nonprofit management, advancement, donor relations, stewardship, alumni relations, or similar work.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06758
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.