VISIT FLORIDA, the official tourism marketing corporation for the State of Florida, has an opening for an Accounting Specialist. This position is responsible for processing of daily work for accounts payable, accounts receivable and other accounting duties in a professional, team-oriented environment. You will make an impact to the organization in the following ways:
• Review and verify the corresponding documentation relating to expense reports and invoices, verify general ledger coding, ensure compliance with company policy, approve for reimbursement and process for payment;
• Prepare and send billing invoices. Process accounts receivable receipts and refunds;
• Create, maintain, analyze and reconcile work papers against balance sheet accounts. Reconcile bank statements and research and resolve inaccuracies. Review trial balances in order to prepare and post necessary journal entries to general ledger accounts;
• Communicate with staff and vendors to resolve questions, concerns and discrepancies on expense reports or invoices;
• Support the annual budget process activities as directed; and
• Provide general support to accountants and accounting management team to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and requirements of the department.
For this position, we desire 2+ years of accounting experience or have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business. Our ideal candidate would be a detail-oriented critical thinker with excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills. Strong proficiency in accounting software, 10-key, and MS EXCEL and WORD is a must. Experience with Salesforce is a plus. We welcome a team player who is naturally inquisitive, enjoys interacting with others, and contributing to a fun work environment.
Additional Salary Information: We have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, excellent healthcare and a 401k program with a generous company match.
About VISIT FLORIDA - Tallahassee, FL
VISIT FLORIDA, the state's official tourism marketing corporation, serves as Florida's official source for travel planning to visitors across the globe. VISIT FLORIDA is a not-for-profit corporation created as a public/private partnership by the Florida Legislature in 1996.