Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity’s Director of Advancement will provide support in an active and growing Development Department to strategically maximize fundraising, relationships, and engagement opportunities in support of Habitat’s mission.
1. Fundraising – Working with the Director of Development & Marketing establishes short and longrange goals for funding sources and enlists support from the Board of Directors and key volunteers to identify and cultivate prospective donors. Strategizes and orchestrates methods of approach to a variety of donors. Works with Development staff to develop funding related projects and special events. Organizes solicitation drives for pledges of ongoing support from individuals. Assists in solicitation of corporations and foundations as needed.
2. Major Gift/Donor Support – Manage the Builders Circle, individual giving society, with the intent to retain or upgrade donors when possible. Cultivates donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgment, scheduling and attending in-person visits. Manage Habitat’s planned giving program.
3. Stewardship - Oversee the expansion and implementation of a comprehensive active donor recognition and retention program.
4. Management - Oversee day-to-day fund development activities, related to; annual giving, individual donor stewardship, in-kind donations, and direct mail. Provide management and direction to the Donor Relations Manager.
5. Represent and articulate Habitat’s mission to its existing and potential constituents and supporters. Enhance the awareness of Habitat and its mission throughout the Des Moines area.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum 5 years experience in fund development • Desire to work in the nonprofit sector with a faith-based organization • Self-directed with strong organizational and time management skills • History of effective professional fundraising experience • Proven experience in planning and managing development programs • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Ability to work as a leader and as a part of a team • Experience with Habitat for Humanity and/or affordable housing a plus • Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• Proficient with Salesforce constituent relationship management system preferred • Outstanding written and oral communication skills with ability to articulate passion for and commitment to Habitat’s mission • Some evening and weekend availability required
About Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity
Seeking to put God's love into action, Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.