The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for all financial reporting, planning, analysis and fiscal management for the successful performance of Prospera Housing Community Services and its portfolio of associated entities. Additionally, the CFO is responsible for oversight of the financial reporting team for operation of the company. This position provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trending in order to assist the Executive Director/CEO and the Executive Leadership Team.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy & Policy
• Partner with the Executive Director, the Executive Leadership Team and with the Board of Directors on operational and strategic issues; provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification, allocation and revenue/expense analysis.
• Assist the Executive Director and the Vice President of Asset Management in the evaluation of the company’s portfolio and investments to ensure they are the best use of the company’s resources and are consistent with the company’s mission.
• Perform company financial analysis using promulgated standards of measure and report portfolio financial performance to the Executive Director and the Vice President of Asset Management.
• Evaluate, advise and plan for the impact of long-range goals, programs, strategies and regulations.
• Participate in corporate policy and system development as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
• Generate short, medium and long-term financial forecasts for the operation and growth of the company, to include capital expenditures and investments.
• Serve as the financial liaison to the company for lenders, investors, vendors and service providers.
• Remain up to date on best practices, financial reporting regulations (GAAP, etc.) and federal law regarding the
company’s financial reporting and operations.
• Lead preparation of corporate, property and departmental budgets and evaluate financial efficiencies within budgets using critical analysis on financial trending.
• Establish and maintain appropriate internal control procedures and safeguards for the company and ensure the integrity and compliance of all financial and regulatory reporting, controls, processes and systems.
• Ensure effective and efficient use of funds, personnel, materials, facilities and time.
Finance & Accounting Administration
• Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, tax reporting, and treasury management.
• Oversee, secure and monitor financing activities and reporting to support the company’s various business
activities, including financial analysis and forecasting.
• Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management reporting; oversee the preparation and communication of periodic financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports for
distribution to the Executive Director, Executive Leadership Team, Board Members, property owners, investors, regulatory agencies and other interested parties.
• Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns, including obtaining lender and investor approvals.
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Review and maintain efficient procedures, processes and administration related to accounting, finance and finance-related IT, recommending improvements to the systems in place and managing the system going forward.
• Oversee the day-to day administration and control of the accounting and treasury functions to safeguard the company’s assets and to ensure financial transactions are processed accurately, timely and are recorded in keeping with GAAP and other reporting principles.
• Provide leadership, mentorship and coaching to the Finance and Accounting departments to foster strong customer service, collaboration, efficiency and superior business practices.
• Perform other duties the Executive Director/CEO may assign.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the Vice President of Financial Compliance, Controller, and Corporate Controller. In addition, this position has indirect supervision of all employees in the accounting and finance department.
About Prospera Housing Community Services
PROSPERA Housing Community Services is an experienced organization building and operating housing in South Texas. We've been empowering families for nearly 25 years by providing safe, high-quality, affordable housing and supportive services.