1) Program Development: The Program Director: (1) Develops, evaluates and manages program curriculum and policies; (2) Develops programmatic budget and ensures fiscal responsibility in close partnership with BFI and EPIC finance personnel; and (3) Develops and implements training modules.
2) Recruitment and Outreach: (1) Develops and manages program outreach strategy; (2) Develops marketing and recruiting materials in collaboration with BFI and EPIC Communications teams to increase awareness of the programs internally at the University of Chicago and externally at top tier institutions.
3) Training and Development: (1) Develops and implements on-boarding and orientation for research professionals in close partnership with the BFI HR Manager; and (2) Independently plans, oversees, and coordinates a wide range of programs, events, and student activities to help build and maintain a community for the program.
4) Program Management and Delivery: (1) Recruit, hire, and provide training and orientation for the program in close cooperation with the BFI HR Manager; (2) Advise research professionals on how to navigate the program and work closely with their faculty supervisors; (3) Develop and maintain strong relationships with EPIC and BFI faculty for successful program delivery; (4) Ensure smooth and proper functioning of programs; (5) Responsible for development and implementation of programming; (6) Develops and implements protocols for evaluating the effectiveness of programs.
1) Proven ability to build and lead teams from multiple organizations.
2) Familiarity with pre-doctoral research professionals training programs at highly-selective, top-tier institutions preferred.
3) Ability to work independently, while also demonstrating ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team.
4) Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and character judgment.
5) Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining a high level of work quality.
6) Proven experience as building and running a program.
7) Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
8) Work effectively with team members, staff and faculty across the University of Chicago, from faculty at the Chicago Booth School of Business, Harris School of Public Policy, Law School, and the Department of Economics, to other internal and external University of Chicago partners.
9) Demonstrated leadership abilities, including developing strategic plans against a vision and involving others in the execution.
10) Understanding of higher education and/or nonprofit organizations.
11) Diplomatic and customer service based approach to interacting with colleagues and others.
1) Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
1) Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 7+ years of work experience in a related job discipline.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06375
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.