1) Supports the Lead Project Manager for Strategic Initiatives to deliver upon strategic initiatives in collaboration with all members of the Finance and Administration senior leadership team, Provost's Office, and other academic and administrative divisions across campus. 2) Supports project management delivery for major University initiatives through planning and communication with cross-functional teams across administrative and academic units. 3) Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation including detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. 4) Monitors and tracks project progress; escalating risks and issues to management as needed. 5) Collaborates on development of communications, presentations, or special events related to strategic initiatives as needed. 6) Drafts and publishes communications content through authorized channels, such as website and email, to ensure content is up-to-date and accessible to key stakeholders. 7) Gathers and analyzes data from multiple sources across campus to inform decision-making (i.e., define and quantify the impact of various options for senior leaders). 8) Support and manage reporting and data visualization processes to monitor service and project delivery across the Finance and Administration Division.
1) Manage individual and team assignments to deliver a defined outcome. 2) Manage competing priorities, work simultaneously on multiple initiatives, and meet deadlines. 3) Strong project management, organizational and written and verbal communication skills. 4) Capable of directing work with cross-functional teams. 5) Ability to participate as a team player and positively influence a group. 6) Demonstrated ability to utilize spreadsheet software and analyze data to interpret financial data, produce reports, and present statistical information. 7) Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in Business, Economics, or related degree.
1) Knowledge and skills developed through 3+ years of work experience in a related job discipline. 2) Experience in education, higher education or nonprofit industry. 3) Experience delivering a process or technology change in large and complex organizations. 4) Experience coordinating activities in large complex projects from conception through successful conclusion. 5) Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio. 6) Experience with data analysis and reporting. 7) Experience distilling complex information into an executive level summary.
2) Cover Letter
3) Reference Contact Information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06055
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.