Under the direction of the Membership Manager, the Membership Specialist is responsible for assisting with the daily operational aspects of the membership program and is the primary recipient of telephone calls from members. The Specialist performs operational, bookkeeping and clerical duties and tasks specific to the position.
• Receives and responds to a variety of member communications via phone, email, mail and fax.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail, including bulk mailings.
• Performs data entry, runs queries and daily reports.
• Prepares and processes membership credentials, product order fulfillments, mailings and shipments.
• Interprets and processes membership applications, renewals and notices, including program donations.
• Places weekly supply orders and conducts quarterly and year-end inventory.
• Maintains memberships database.
• Prepares and makes bank deposits.
• Delivers and picks up mail from post offices.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Professional Certification, or License
• Bookkeeping/accounting certification preferred, but may be substituted by experience.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Valid Florida driver’s license.
• Two years of bookkeeping/accounting experience preferred.
• Membership or customer service experience.
• Proficiency of keyboarding 35 words per minute.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Payment processing policy and procedures.
• Membership policy and procedures.
• Member/Customer relationship management systems and Microsoft Office software.
• Manage multiple priority tasks.
• Filing and other organizational systems.
• Comprehend and decision-making.
• Read and write English using basic grammar; Spanish speaking and writing ability is a plus.
• Be a team player.
• Operate a motor vehicle.
• Comprehend and resolve problems.
• Lift 35 lbs.
• Detail oriented.
• Customer service.
Interested applicants may send a cover letter and resume to: JobOpportunity@flsheriffs.org, or mail to:
Additional Salary Information: Full benefits package to include paid health care for the employee, life insurance, and retirement benefits.
About Florida Sheriffs Association
The mission of the Florida Sheriffs Association as a self-sustaining, charitable organization is to foster the effectiveness of the Office of Sheriff through leadership, education and training, innovative practices and legislative initiatives.
The Florida Sheriffs Association values integrity, fairness, commitment and accountability. Integrity is practiced by each of our members and the organizations they represent and we are committed to the protection of the Office of Sheriff and to our obligation to the citizens we serve. We practice fairness and accountability in our interactions with the members of our organizations, our citizens and the visitors to this state.