KEES, a consulting firm based in the Chicagoland area that serves nonprofits nationwide. KEES is seeking an enthusiastic and creative marketing/social media student as a Summer 2019 Social Media Intern. In this position, you will collaborate broadly with the whole team, and specifically with our Marketing and Information Manager, to develop, grow, and expand our marketing channels through social media outreach.
KEES is a virtual firm and the intern will work remotely. Opportunities to meet with the firm’s team will include monthly all-team meetings (2nd Tuesday of the month), regular phone contact, and 1:1 meetings over various projects. A stipend will be paid based on time and projects, and credit is available if coordinated with your institution. We estimate this position covering the approximate date span of late May to early August 2019, with an average of 12 hours per week for approximately 10 weeks.
Envisioned Duties and Responsibilities
• Design a 1-year social media plan to further define the goals and activities the firm should pursue in 2019/2020 to support broader marketing goals of expansion and new business development.
• Develop new social media campaigns and expand the firm’s social media footprint.
• Assist in the creation of social media content, including promotions designed to increase followers, interaction, and firm visibility.
• Create and maintain tracking reports of social media marketing efforts.
• Monitor social channels and respond to feedback, questions, and concerns.
Requirements and Qualifications
• An awareness of current trends in social media and visual communications, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
• Knowledge of branding and marketing strategies for social media, including business social media best practices and platforms.
• Interest in gaining real-time, practical experience in marketing and promotion.
• Demonstrable experience with multiple social media platforms. Specific knowledge of Linked In, Facebook, and Twitter required.
• Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, and/or PowerPoint. • Ability to work independently, as well as in partnership with KEES team members.
• Ability to define and meet deadlines.
• Ability to brainstorm, collaborate and take technical and creative direction.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated enthusiasm and pride in your work.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Summer residency in Chicagoland area, ideally southwestern suburbs.
• Currently enrolled undergraduate student studying visual communications, graphic design, marketing, or related field. Degree emphasis in social media a plus.
• Flexible scheduling.
• Valuable experience with a consulting firm that works with nonprofits across the country.
• Stipend and internship credit.
To Apply Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com, Attn: Jennifer Mathews by May 8, 2019.
About KEES KEES (Kistner Eddy Executive Services) is an executive search and nonprofit consulting firm founded in 2013 as an expansion of Alford Executive Search. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com.
About KEES/Alford Executive Search
For a complete list of all KEES/Alford Executive Search current job openings, visit http://bit.ly/KEES_Searches.