The ACS Cancer Program Communications & External Relations Administrator is responsible for helping to develop the Cancer Programs communication strategy with accredited programs, volunteers and member organizations, and assists with all communication vehicles including newsletters, web content, and social media strategies.
This Exempt position will report to the Manager, Communications & External Relations in the Division of Research and Optimal Patient Care.
• In partnership with the manager and program managers, administers implementation of the Cancer Programs communication plan including content development, management, and distribution of the weekly e-mail newsletter, development and dissemination of select constituent communications, development of content for College publications, and management of social media plan. Manages the Cancer Programs websites including content review, development and ongoing maintenance.
• Responsible for planning and managing the Cancer Programs exhibit program including identifying opportunities, confirming arrangements, coordinating staff attendance, preparing staff, and packing and shipping appropriate materials. This includes exhibiting opportunities at all appropriate Cancer Programs and College meetings and events, and participating in the College's ACS Central Committee.
• Works with the manager to create, update, and maintain all marketing collateral for Cancer Programs programs and products, develops plans to promote programs and products in Cancer Programs and College communication vehicles, and monitors product sales.
• Manages the activities of the Commission on Cancer state chair and cancer liaison physician networks including managing appointment and on-boarding of state chairs and development of resources to support state chairs and cancer liaison physicians in their roles.
• Contributes to special projects as assigned by the manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university is required.
• Minimum of 4+ years of experience in a similar communications role required.
• Experience managing website content and social media platforms preferred.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
• Capable of providing excellent customer service.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat.
• Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
Fiscal Management: This position is required to provide staff support to the supervisor in the development of the unit’s annual budget, program or project budget.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Performs work in a normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
Other Necessary Requirements: Minimal evening or weekend duties may be required. Minimal travel for activities such as out of town meetings may be required.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. The American College of Surgeons will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Number: 19-0038
About American College of Surgeons
The American College of Surgeons is a professional and educational organization of surgeons that was founded in 1913 to raise the standards of surgical practice and improve the quality of care for surgical patients. The College is dedicated to the ethical and competent practice of surgery. Its achievements have significantly influenced the course of scientific surgery in America and have established it as an important advocate for all surgical patients. The College has more than 80,000 members and is the largest organization of surgeons in the world. For more information, visit www.facs.org.